I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10WHP) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- What if your bike had radar to see approaching cars? Now it does: Hands-On with Backtracker: Radar for your bike: http://t.co/s4yRSZV7VD #, 2 hours ago
- RT @TriathleteTech: 2016 Ironman 70.3 World Championship will be held in Queensland Australia. September. Lots of pros will be booking long flights. #, 14 hours ago
- RT @TheGearJunkie: Even bikes have family trees. http://t.co/zobUn4RDzU #biking http://t.co/rDoN0jm1AF #, 15 hours ago
- RT @fatcyclist: My thoughts on which @Garmin mounts are good, and which aren't, after a year's use: http://t.co/thK8CRWt9I #KEdge @barflymount #, 19 hours ago
- @max5218 No, I do not. #, 19 hours ago
- @gunnarchristens It's on a large tree slab. Box was about size of half loaf of bread. #, Jul 24
- @JaredPardi Yup, started last week. #, Jul 24
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Summer 2014 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Things that didn’t go as planned
My plan was simple: Go for a short openwater swim. Since I rarely get openwater swims in while at home in Paris, I planned to make the most of my beach time in Tampa. I had a few different openwater … Read More Here
As you already know, a lot of products come through my testing ‘lab’. After my testing is complete and my review is written up these products head back to their respective companies. Leave no tracks behind and all. But sometimes, … Read More Here
This past week has been a work whirlwind for me, hence why the posting has been a bit light lately. Thankfully, the worst of it is over, and now I’m almost back to full speed around these parts. But that … Read More Here
For those of you outside the DC area, you may be unaware of all the trouble that occurred over the past few days when one of the nation’s largest marathons contracted an app to be put together to allow racers … Read More Here
If you were following my Tweets this past weekend, you know that things weren’t quite all rosy in Las Vegas for me. Shortly after wrapping up my week-long wandering of the Interbike floor, The Girl and I headed out for … Read More Here