I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @gray_um I think @TheRealStarky had an answer there, but I can't remember it. #, 51 mins ago
- Speaking of the DCR Podcast - new episode is up! Covering Eurobike and plenty more goodness! http://t.co/JrQlgFNhs0 #, 60 mins ago
- RT @sixtwothree: @dcrainmakerblog I listen to podcasts so much, including YOURS, that I still have my CD player loaded w/Christmas carols! 😊 #, 1 hour ago
- @dj_lenihan I've just been using them on 520/1000, but I know of other readers who are using without issues. #, 2 hours ago
- My Uber from the airport has Christmas song on...in September. This is not like happy hour where: "Well, it's happy hour somewhere!". #, 5 hours ago
- @JDP649 Almost always strokes/length. #, 5 hours ago
- RT @slowtwitch: Ironman disqualifies a Canadian triathlete from the 2013 & 2015 Ironman Canada events http://t.co/cwIzxV0O0R http://t.co/xlap72kZos #, 6 hours ago
Tag Archives: Technology
A month or so ago I was contacted and asked if I would like to moderate a panel at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in January, in Las Vegas. For those not familiar with CES – it’s one of … Read More Here
Earlier this week we saw Specialized release their new triathlon bike in Kona as part of the lead-up to this weekend’s Ironman Championships. For those whose lives don’t revolve around the sport, this may seem like just another bike. And … Read More Here
(Note from Ray: Two weeks ago when I published the results of the Bod Pod and body fat scale testing, a reader who happens to be a PhD Candidate in Pharmaceutical Sciences – Nathaniel Page – made an offer to … Read More Here
Monday night I had my usual Monday easy swim, and since it’s summer, I was able to do it outdoors in the town pool (during the winter, I’m stuck indoors). I had planed afterwards to spend a bit of time … Read More Here
You may remember last year after Interbike I rounded up all the stories I did while down at Interbike in Las Vegas and put together a chart of each companies expected product availability information, along with my best guesses for … Read More Here
Ever since booking our honeymoon months ago I was curious exactly what the GPS map would look like while running outside on the circular running track while the ship was underway at sea. Would you be able to see the … Read More Here
A little over a week ago at the Google IO conference a company called Fossil not so quietly introduced the MetaWatch. The watch allows one to wirelessly connect to their cell phone and stream glanceable information, such as who’s calling … Read More Here
Let me just state this up front: Everyone’s reading…so here’s your chance. Everyone…your chance. But…let’s not get ahead of ourselves quite yet. This past summer I put together a post titled “How I would design the ideal sports watch”, which … Read More Here
If you follow the all of the Internets much, then you probably saw a flurry of news activity around Southwest airlines early last month. These were from reporters large and small – everyone from the local paper, to the major … Read More Here
When Garmin announced their newest product – Chirp – last Friday, I’m fairly certain that a grand total of 3 people in the endurance sports world actually noticed. After all, it’s targeted at the Geocaching folks (who are all abuzz … Read More Here
Now that some of the hype has died down a bit from Interbike, it’s time to take a look at what exactly all these vendors have promised…and which ones might actually meet their promises. But as is always the case, … Read More Here
One of the great things about Interbike is the ability to sit down with engineers and product folks about their products and have a good chat. While some companies shy away from having their top engineers show up at trade … Read More Here
(Administrative note: Looking for the usual Weekly Mailbag? No worries, it’s still a staple – but I’ve got some cool news coming about that on Tuesday…so hang onto your helmets and we’ll get there.) Some of you may have seen … Read More Here