I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10LFW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @DavidMLindsay Not much different than normal. I'd have to do some measurements to see. Might be a fun little test w/app to show degrees. :) #, 2 mins ago
- RT @larshansen: @dcrainmakerblog Excellent review. And the rant against Garmin Vectors is totally warranted (I am saying this as Vector owner myself) #, 3 mins ago
- My PowerTap P1 Power Meter Pedals In-Depth Review! More data than you can shake a stick at! http://t.co/JrlXCrx5tR http://t.co/vP5gjBXeCa #, 34 mins ago
- RT @nealrogers: Been a while since synthetic testosterone was in the news…. here’s a quick refresher, from almost exactly 9 years ago http://t.co/l0OiVAYLtU #, 7 hours ago
- @LaycockAlan See today's post... #, 11 hours ago
- @sbutler66 I'd hope so. #, 11 hours ago
- @nobotak It's not. #, 12 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Swimsense
Without question, the most common request I get these days related to the FR910XT has been about the swimming pieces. Unfortunately, it wasn’t until just recently that I’ve been able to fully dive into this area. While the FR910XT’s swimming … Read More Here
Just a few interesting tidbits that haven’t grown up yet to get their own posts yet, but since I get tons of questions on them – I figured I’d share some of my Thursday arrivals and tests. First up is … Read More Here
Today FINIS announced their latest product, the AquaPulse underwater audible heart rate monitor. Unlike most sport heart rate monitors however, this one doesn’t measure your heart rate using a standard chest strap, but instead does so at your ear…conveniently placed … Read More Here
Ever since I reviewed the FINIS Swimsense and the Swimovate Pool-Mate Pro a few months ago, there’s been significant interest in understanding how the two devices compare. The two watches aim to solidify themselves in the still young market of … Read More Here
The next few weeks are going to be rather busy in the sports technology world (remember my 2011 predictions?). There’s a ton of companies either announcing new products, major changes to existing products, or new services. While both these companies … Read More Here
While my pool time has been severely restricted lately with all the international travel, I did get a short opportunity to jump into the pool with the Swimsense while up in Newfoundland. For those not familiar, Swimsense is like having … Read More Here
[Note: If you’re looking for my In Depth Swimsense Review – you’ll want to mosey on over there.] I’ve got just a few minutes before my flight takes off, so before they get into the final boarding calls I wanted … Read More Here