I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- A Fall 2016 Update from WatTeam and their $499 PowerBeat: https://t.co/gnUP1Asz0b https://t.co/Fyut69PNUC #, 1 hour ago
- RT @LaurenGoode: .@elonmusk will activity trackers work on mars? (asking for a friend) #, 3 hours ago
- Cool: Stryd (running power meter) offering units to those competing at Kona, in persuit of data collection: https://t.co/Pn0pLFHho9 #, 3 hours ago
- Looks awesome. A foldable and high-perf drone the size of sneaker that can (mostly) follow you? Take my money.… https://t.co/jD9r9k9bmo #, 3 hours ago
- @justinclay Nope. #, 23 hours ago
- @changabanga It's planned for later this week. #, 23 hours ago
- @didcotresident I think direct feedback to them is really the only way they'll change their mind. #,
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2015-2016 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns out I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Sony Action Cam
Sony has announced a new action camera, the HDR-AS50, coming in at a baseline $199. The real news here is that Sony actually has listened to customer complaints (or suggestions as they like to call them) and then made some useful improvements … Read More Here
The ability to stream in real time (live) video footage from action cams remains a bit of the holy grail of sports action. Today, 99.99% of what you see on TV is done via broadcast quality cameras and equipment, with … Read More Here
Last week at CES Sony announced their latest action cam, the Sony FDR-X1000V, which is capable of shooting 4K video. They also updated their HDR-AS camera line with a new 200V version (HDR-AS200V). These came as a surprise to approximately … Read More Here
CES Roundup Part 1: Sony, Geonaute, Contour, VOXX, Jaybird, Kreyos, Aftershokz, Reebok, Magellan, Moxy
The only way to describe CES is organized chaos. Over time, you get better at it. This year I optimized my schedule and shunned doing any scheduled appointments. This allowed me to to simply move from booth to booth in … Read More Here
Ahh yes, with October behind us the last tattered threads of summer weather are most definitely gone. Welcome the rain. And the cold. And the wind. All at once. Nonstop. The other problem is lack of sunlight. Not because I … Read More Here
Kinomap demonstrates route builder software, adds CycleOps PowerBeam support, Sony Action Cam integration
The folks at Kinomap have been pretty busy lately, adding a slew of new features to their existing Kinomap trainer app, as well as optimizing some of the existing functions in the app. First up is expanded compatibility with the … Read More Here