I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10LFW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- Exactly what I needed. Thanks Greg for whipping it up! https://t.co/R0owHHD0ug #, 13 mins ago
- @MrGregLund Helps me sort through a small pile of files that I forgot to write down which device ID's I had used. So easy. #, 13 mins ago
- @MrGregLund Ok...sorry for the delay - but that's freaking super-cool. Exactly what I needed. Just tried it. Totally awesome... #, 14 mins ago
- @liversedge Thanks! #, 29 mins ago
- @paulgrav Oops, it's called "SpectaRun Workouts" - though, someone today told me about another called "Heart Graph", also does bike rides #, 31 mins ago
- Podcast for the week is up! From losing $5,000 in action cams on my sailing trip, to TdF talk, and your questions! http://t.co/ScT7Mr8n8v #, 48 mins ago
- @swimbikedrink Whaaaat? http://t.co/9kYXjzYZdG #, 50 mins ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Shimano Di2
Today Garmin has released an oft-asked about feature update to all of the Garmin Edge cycling units released in the last two years, bringing the Edge 510 and Edge 810 the vast majority of the new features found in the … Read More Here
On Saturday I got a chance to go out for a test ride on a bike that completely autonomously controls the shifting for me. I simply pedal, and it simply shifts. Of course, such technology has been rumored for as … Read More Here
A few days ago the Shimano CM-1000 action cam that I bought finally came in. After getting some hands-on time with the unit I wanted to give some initial impressions and thoughts. The camera is unique in that it connects … Read More Here
This past weekend I got a hands-on walk through of a host of new Mio features that are planned to be released as part of a firmware update for their existing units on the market. Different units get different features, … Read More Here
Well, actually, my title is probably a bit misleading. Thus, I should probably be more honest in my titles in the future. See, it isn’t actually ANT+, but rather private-ANT. Second, it doesn’t actually control your Di2 system – rather, … Read More Here