I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- RT @stevemagness: The idea that there is some magic 'secret' training regime always raises my level of skepticism several fold. https://t.co/OtRe3VvSqi #, 30 mins ago
- @darrencroton Totally missed this! But I'd do a GoPro Hero4 combined with periscope on the phone. Battery could be an issue though. #, 32 mins ago
- @Haidamus Thanks! #, 55 mins ago
- Very cool chart. https://t.co/vZz48NPl8R #, 56 mins ago
- @wylie102 I think you'll see Euro prices rise to retail levels, but not immediately. I'd still very much wait till Eurobike this year. #, 57 mins ago
- @TheRealBoony Yup. #, 1 hour ago
- @wylie102 Nah, just usual Wiggle pricing. Also, new pricing "restrictions" (it's complex) hit Tacx European retailers starting Aug 1st. #, 1 hour ago
Tag Archives: Shimano Di2
Today Garmin has released an oft-asked about feature update to all of the Garmin Edge cycling units released in the last two years, bringing the Edge 510 and Edge 810 the vast majority of the new features found in the … Read More Here
On Saturday I got a chance to go out for a test ride on a bike that completely autonomously controls the shifting for me. I simply pedal, and it simply shifts. Of course, such technology has been rumored for as … Read More Here
A few days ago the Shimano CM-1000 action cam that I bought finally came in. After getting some hands-on time with the unit I wanted to give some initial impressions and thoughts. The camera is unique in that it connects … Read More Here
This past weekend I got a hands-on walk through of a host of new Mio features that are planned to be released as part of a firmware update for their existing units on the market. Different units get different features, … Read More Here
Well, actually, my title is probably a bit misleading. Thus, I should probably be more honest in my titles in the future. See, it isn’t actually ANT+, but rather private-ANT. Second, it doesn’t actually control your Di2 system – rather, … Read More Here