I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10WHP) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- Is it lunchtime yet? http://t.co/7hZZJMkZUf #, 9 mins ago
- Want tire pressure and temperature sent via ANT+? It's all yours for a cool $800 per wheelset (+cost of wheel). http://t.co/8NigwfTrDH #, 20 mins ago
- Hello SRM PC8. Looks like we'll see you in December. No features cut since last year, which is good. http://t.co/FhEUJrUaSe #, 37 mins ago
- Just swung by Elite trainers to cover new updates. Decided against riding Alpe d'Huez again this summer, via trainer. http://t.co/dPV8oPhCYG #, 49 mins ago
- Very impressive little bike computer for $75. BT Smart, uses phone but connects to sensors and uploads to Strava. http://t.co/8PCHltH6HY #, 1 hour ago
- An automated bike washing machine. So much better than the bath tub and shower. Want now. http://t.co/Mw4xlQH4Pr #, 1 hour ago
- Cool stuff with new Lazer helmet sensor that beeps and vibrates your head when you get non-aero (helmet position). http://t.co/1s4kgZmqlm #, 2 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Summer 2014 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Sensoria
(Quick Giveaway Extravaganza Note: First, I’m not giving away a Sensoria system, back to normal posts :). Second, winners will be announced sometime today (Thursday), as I’m working through cleaning up any duplicates and picking the winners. Thanks for the … Read More Here