I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10LFW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- I may not be the smartest duck at identifying the magical fig tree smells, but I'm good at eating baguette & sausage. http://t.co/UaOg9WBCll #, 10 hours ago
- Week in Review! From Fitbit data being used to prove guilt, to the world's first ever bike packing championships! http://t.co/MsOTmizQKl #, Jun 28
- @JoeriBarbier @BertiesCupCakes Awesome - thanks for stopping by! And indeed, beautiful weekend! #, Jun 28
- @GordonChaffin Mostly I prefer to wear a small upper-arm band, than a chest strap. Just more comfortable, usually more accurate. #, Jun 28
- When we go to the masquerade ball, we use a Velib! No pumpkin carriage here! Thanks to lvsmall for… https://t.co/Y8ghgwe13g #, Jun 28
- RT @BertiesCupCakes: Big celebrations here in Paris and USA! Here's a throw back to one of our favorite cakes from last… https://t.co/ZwrYRfQGwj #, Jun 27
- RT @tedder42: naked bike ride is Saturday. Police will ignore exposed genitals law, but recommend helmets and shoes. https://t.co/3i7wnwB7HM @bikesnobnyc #, Jun 26
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Recon
Earlier this week Recon Instruments started shipping their long-awaited Recon Jet heads up display for sports, to real-life actual consumers. Completing a journey that began just over two years ago upon announcement of the product. In fact, a few DCR … Read More Here
It’s been a while since I last talked about the Recon Jet around these parts, aside from passing on the occasional newsletter update. For those unfamiliar with the product, it’s effectively a heads up display of sorts with a sports … Read More Here
While the Recon Jet was introduced this past spring, it’s a project I’ve been following for quite a long time. I first sat down with the company over a year ago to talk about what athletes would want in a … Read More Here
Today Recon Instruments gave a small sneak peek of their upcoming heads up display unit aimed at cycling. And by ‘small sneak peek’, I mean a single image, with a handful of text. Perhaps ‘very small sneak peak’ was more … Read More Here
After getting back from Vegas on (yet another) redeye and going straight to work, I was exhausted come Thursday evening and Friday. Which might explain why I managed now almost three straight days of falling asleep early, and sleeping really … Read More Here
I spent a crazy busy 24 hours in Las Vegas on Wednesday, as part of speaking at a session/panel on Wednesday there (which I’ll be posting on here shortly). During that time I talked to just about everyone that I … Read More Here