I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10LFW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- Well, that's the end of the DCR Giveaway Extravaganza! Thanks for all the fun folks! Winners will be drawn & announced later today (Weds). #, 1 hour ago
- Final stop on the DCR Giveaway Extravaganza - it's your last chance to win! The Wahoo KICKR! http://t.co/cOaDrNJAcS http://t.co/7LBgNPC2c2 #, 3 hours ago
- If it were me...I wouldn't be fallin' asleep before the final giveaway coming up in an hour at 10PM (US Eastern). Just sayin'... #, 4 hours ago
- Almost there! Next on the DCR Giveaway Extravaganza: Suunto Ambit3 Peak Multisport Watch! http://t.co/cYtYNaNwDe http://t.co/3ksInHd8F4 #, 5 hours ago
- Next up on the DCR Giveaway Extravaganza: The Polar M400 GPS Running Watch! http://t.co/iPPCnO372P http://t.co/WHkaxx665Q #, 7 hours ago
- @frisbee_driver @onthehoods They failed to close on the acquisition in the 1940's. Thus, it went back on the market. #, 7 hours ago
- RT @ampestijn: Really hope I win some @dcrainmakerblog #extravaganza , otherwise staying up all night playing doodle jump may seem like a waste of time.. #, 7 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Random
I read a lot out on the web, well, I try to read a lot anyway. Sometimes I fail, and sometimes things slip through – but my general goal is to consume as much goodness as possible and pass it … Read More Here
(Side Note: I have no idea what on earth this clipart image is depicting. I was searching for random images to use for this post using the Microsoft Word clipart selection and out of curiosity entered ‘triathlon’ – and got … Read More Here
Given it’s a snowy Thursday here in the nation’s capital – I figured this would be the perfect time to unleash a post that’s been sitting in my drafts for months…from one snowy place to another. A while ago a … Read More Here
As many of you know, over the past few years I’ve spent an inordinate amount of time up on Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park, which…is part of the National Park System. Not only is it probably the best cycling … Read More Here