I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @seancsloan Usually around now as they try and get rid of old models. #, 56 mins ago
- .@davezatz I'm very nervous about the change to a new optical HR sensor from a totally unknown sensor company (re: new TomTom Cardio unit). #, 1 hour ago
- @davezatz see my previous tweet... #, 1 hour ago
- With no hands-on time on the device - nothing planned near term unfortunately. Just the way I roll. #NotAPRFactory https://t.co/Mc0vhyc3iB #, 6 hours ago
- @midwestrunner Historically it's been in the Sept/Oct timeframe. #, 6 hours ago
- RT @gplama: Other-side-of the-world coincidence, @dcrainmakerblog captured my @GoZwift Richmond hot lap! https://t.co/wYRzeTmhQl http://t.co/BEirIwGC2p #, 6 hours ago
- @BrooksBarnes1 Very cool! Gotta find myself a copy of the magazine! #, 6 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Race
Ok, so I’m a bit behind on posting this race report. Which is probably appropriate given it’ll match my running of the actual race. No worries though, unlike Snapchat, the photos here don’t expire (though regrettably aren’t likely as titillating … Read More Here
First up on the race calendar this year is the Barcelona Half-Marathon. We had targeted a race earlier in the season, aimed primarily at ensuring that I’m progressing nicely towards later-spring marathons. Looking at the schedule, Barcelona was spot-on timing-wise, … Read More Here
I wasn’t exactly ignoring writing this race report. Not entirely anyway. It’s of course a bit hard to ignore such a downer of a race result, as well as to ignore the 18.4 requests per day via three social media … Read More Here
It’s understandable that sometimes in life, things don’t go as planned. And in the case of races, sometimes events get cancelled. But this past Friday evenings cancellation of one of the newest Ironman 70.3 branded races is only serving as … Read More Here
This past weekend’s indoor triathlon race got me thinking about how indoor triathlons are in many ways very different tactically than outdoor triathlons. Sure, both have swim/bike/run objectives – but the way in which different indoor races are run forces … Read More Here
It’s September. Which means that all (ok, probably just many) of you are preparing to run some sort of race. Perhaps you’ve already run a shorter race this season on the way to that goal. For me, my main race … Read More Here