I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- Another box arrived today. Two things inside. So much in boxing today I just killed the batteries on my small weigh… https://t.co/xwYhrPqYln #,
- RT @bcamysaysso: Listening to @trainerroad podcast with @dcrainmakerblog I feel like I'm sitting in the staff break room of the smartest bike shop ever. #,
- @gingerneilnc It's actually surprisingly cool. I played with the app and device (sans-band) last week a bit. Well done. Parental-app only. #,
- It has arrived: The Power Meters Buyer’s Guide–2016 Edition: Everything and anything about buying power meters:… https://t.co/FTCAfwhNef #,
- RT @dengaterade: He should win a trial. No jury would believe a Neon could do triple digits! https://t.co/eGRwUBgN6A #,
- @jeremydigital Everything goes back to companies. It sometimes takes a while, as I usually bundle things together to save on shipping. #,
- @JesseAld Sadly not. #,
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2015-2016 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns out I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Power Meters
Before we move onto my next upcoming post (The Annual DCR Power Meter Recommendations Guide), I wanted to briefly touch on where WatTeam and their PowerBeat power meter stands. To recap things a bit, they jumped onto the scene a … Read More Here
Pioneer has been both a relative newcomer to the power meter party, but also the stable and steady entrant in terms of new products. Each fall they’ve announced new offerings, and each spring we tend to see further updates and … Read More Here
Today running power meter company Stryd announced their next generation running power meter unit, changing up the form factor and increasing the data metrics gathered. This new model is now a small footpod that you attach to your running shoe. … Read More Here
Today a little known Danish company called Sensitivus launched a trio of power meters on Kickstarter. While power meters on crowd funded sites are hardly unique, Sensitivus has taken a new twist on things by offering what is the first … Read More Here
Yesterday I spent the day at Stage 18 of the Tour de France. One of the advantages of this particular stage is it’s a time trial. This means that each rider races individually, with the first rider of the day starting … Read More Here
Today, every power meter company in the industry just breathed a huge collective sigh of relief: Shimano did not ultimately decide to baseline their long rumored integrated power meter as part of the Dura-Ace standard offering. Instead, they made it … Read More Here
Today WatTeam has announced that they’ll be postponing further shipments of their $499 PowerBeat power meter, while they work out some kinks that the first shipped production units have run into. You’ll remember the journey started about 20 months ago … Read More Here
Today at Sea Otter, 4iiii has announced a slate of new products and outlined their future power meter plans for much of the year. As you’ll remember, the company started shipping their $399 4iiii Precision power meter about a year … Read More Here
(Updated 11AM US Eastern Time Feb 1st with SRM addition) The power meters prices be fallin’ again, and the snow and ice hasn’t even thawed yet on winter. Here’s what’s been dropping. Pioneer Price Drops: Today Pioneer dropped their power … Read More Here
This past spring, as part of a bunch of announcements, PowerTap announced their C1 chainring power meter. This announcement was coupled with that of the PowerTap P1 pedals, all of which complement their existing PowerTap G3 hub based power meter. … Read More Here
You’ll remember last week when I posted about the state of the LIMITS power meter that was crowd-funded via Indiegogo. I expressed extreme skepticism at their ability to deliver a project next month (as soon as 12 days away), given their … Read More Here
As seems to be more and more the trend, the majority of power meter news came from Eurobike this year – with only smaller tidbits coming out of Interbike this year. Things such as pricing changes and slight model adjustments. … Read More Here
Back at Eurobike, LOOK quietly showed off their new dual ANT+ and BLE pedals, which effectively upstage long-time partner Polar in what used to be a dual venture between the two companies. These new pedals are physically similar to the ones that … Read More Here
In many ways, the bePRO power meter is the little unknown underdog that snuck onto the scene earlier this summer with a very simple declaration: We’re here, we’re new, we’re cheap, and we’ve already started shipping. How ‘bout them apples? … Read More Here