I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10WHP) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- RT @TheRealStarky: A pro triathletes website is like a second home in Aspen: beautiful, opulent, expensive... and visited twice per year. #, 9 hours ago
- RT @JanneKallio: How hard people REALLY go in triathlon races? 10 000 races analyzed with over 50 000h HR data http://t.co/kW3Wd1Hoh3 http://t.co/dSHsvncboT #, 9 hours ago
- @guido23 Yup, here's all my favorite runs: http://t.co/dXRviwBjhE Just simply take one of the shortened versions of my scenic loop run. #, Sep 19
- No better way to get between meetings in Paris on a warm fall Friday than the Velib. @ Cours-la-Reine http://t.co/1tLco5yu9U #, Sep 19
- RT @RedKitePrayer: I'd like to publicly thank @bikerumor for removing the image they stole from me. It's a shame they won't credit Bicycle Guide, though. #, Sep 19
- I always find the airside bicycles for employees at Frankfurt airport kinda neat. http://t.co/g2AotdA7DV #, Sep 19
- @ADailyDoseOfFit Both can connect to footpod, but only FR220 doesn't require it (though not as accurate in that mode). #, Sep 19
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Summer 2014 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Paris Running
Since I’ve got less than 45 minutes until my flight departs, we’re going to go bullet-point style to cover the randomness that was this weekend: (Edit: Ok, my attempt to publish before departure was thwarted by my little friend…slow internet.) … Read More Here
I got home around 11PM Friday night, from a week split between the UK and Finland. Stepping off the plane from Finland was almost identical to stepping off the plane in the Caribbean. While the temperature was only about 50*F … Read More Here
Finally, home. After over 250,000 miles of travelling this year – almost all for work – I took my last flight this year and go onto enjoying some time back at home. I was (back) in Mexico for a few … Read More Here
Ahh yes, with October behind us the last tattered threads of summer weather are most definitely gone. Welcome the rain. And the cold. And the wind. All at once. Nonstop. The other problem is lack of sunlight. Not because I … Read More Here
Somehow in the crazy-busy last few days in getting a slew of product reviews published I didn’t quite get to talk about my weekend at the chocolate fair. Obviously, that’s a problem. Anytime I skip out on talking about chocolate … Read More Here
The last few weeks in preparation for the upcoming Paris-Versailles running race I’ve been doing a variety of hill-related workouts on the main hill of the course itself (a nearly 2-mile long and 600ft climb). However, while that works out … Read More Here
This post is a quickie! More FYI-esque than anything else. I’ve always had a Washington DC resources page that listed all the places I swam/biked/ran within Washington DC including my favorite routes. It was sorta a one-stop-shop when people asked … Read More Here
It snowed! Well, obviously – otherwise I would have titled it “A not-at-all-snowy Parisian Run” It started snowing Friday afternoon, and stuck pretty much immediately. By mid-day Saturday it took a bit of a break. So I decided to head … Read More Here