I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @justinclay Nope. #, 4 hours ago
- @changabanga It's planned for later this week. #, 4 hours ago
- @didcotresident I think direct feedback to them is really the only way they'll change their mind. #, 9 hours ago
- RT @pavbryan: Meanwhile in Copenhagen... #RushHour 😬 https://t.co/FqFJuAZ9kH #, 9 hours ago
- Definitely. Working on a post on it this week (have a unit). Looks like Kickstarter has 28 days still. Initial thou… https://t.co/oFamSITCW3 #, 9 hours ago
- @JenniferLentzke Yeah, it's where I usually swim. Your best bet for least mess is to be there right at opening time, or closer to closing. #, 12 hours ago
- TrainerRoad rolls out Android support: Everything you need to know! Oh, and this cool DIY waterbottle charger:… https://t.co/807mFjfJJd #, 12 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2015-2016 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns out I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Paris Cycling
Continuing along this week’s trend of cool summer Parisian events, Sunday was Velib’s big annual event on the Champs-Élysées. For those into the cycling scene, you’ll no doubt be familiar with the locale as being the scene for the finishing … Read More Here
Looking at this past weekend, I’m not really sure where it went to. In fact, the same can really be said for July as well. As The Girl pointed out last night: “What July?”. Neither of us have any idea … Read More Here
This post is a quickie! More FYI-esque than anything else. I’ve always had a Washington DC resources page that listed all the places I swam/biked/ran within Washington DC including my favorite routes. It was sorta a one-stop-shop when people asked … Read More Here
The last few weeks have been a bit of a blur between travel and putting together the Suunto Ambit review. As such, my usual weekend wrap-ups got slightly side tracked. So for those that enjoy the non-product review side of … Read More Here