I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10LFW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @Rothar_man @TheRaceRadio No negativity, just want clarity. Seen this many times before, w/ this specific crowd funding variant, dangerous. #, 11 hours ago
- Umm, I think that's kinda sorta the wrong 'Limits' Indiegogo project - "coming of age piece about a young woman...". https://t.co/Gx0iKnTr76 #, 14 hours ago
- To all those asking about Limits power meter, far too many unknowns at this point. I've extended offer for them to demo it to me. #Waiting #, 14 hours ago
- @MarkeKenny Edge 500 is an incredible value. #, 16 hours ago
- @TheTeebs Most Garmin product cycles are about 2 years, so definitely wouldn't expect an Edge 1000 replacement. #, 18 hours ago
- 5 Random Things I Did This Weekend: From my failed attempt to run a 10K race, to checking out the Paris Color Run: http://t.co/qI5lIj25lm #, 18 hours ago
- @airlineroute Is the site down at the moment? Haven't been able to connect to it for a number of hours now. #, 19 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: O-Synce
CES Roundup Part 2: Garmin, ANT+, 4iiii, BKOOL, Withings, O-Synce, Outside Interactive, LG, Pebble, Casio, Opryx, Glucovation
We left off yesterday with Part 1 of my CES Roundup, which covered new products and notables from the following companies: Sony, Geonaute, Contour, VOXX, Jaybird, Kreyos, Aftershokz, Reebok, Magellan, and Moxy. Today, we dive into the second half of … Read More Here
O-Synce introduces new Bluetooth Smart accessories/displays, other cool functionality in software for power meter users
Over the past few days I got a chance to check out all the new units that O-Synce is working on for the next few months. First out of the gate is the upcoming release of a new Bluetooth Smart … Read More Here
The Navi2Coach cycling computer may very well be one of the first GPS-enabled bike computers that aims to compete against every aspect of the Garmin Edge 500, from customization of data fields to advanced training metrics. But can this first-time … Read More Here
While it’s always my goal to secures loot and gadgets to take home the week of the convention, sometimes that just doesn’t work out. The reasons usually vary, sometimes it’s because the company simply doesn’t have enough units on hand … Read More Here
This is a continuation of the cool little sports technology tidbits series I started this morning. Here’s Part I if you want to catch up. And with that, onto Part II! Enjoy! — O-Synce GPS Bike Computers (and surprisingly cool … Read More Here
As you may remember from last week, I’m presenting Wednesday morning at the ANT+ Symposium, which is the annual meeting for all ANT+ companies. This includes any folks that use ANT+ in their technologies. The companies you’re probably most familiar … Read More Here