I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10JKW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- After a lot of exercise around photo store (and exercise for my credit card), decided to replenish. http://t.co/YUQbxDoqPP #, 12 hours ago
- Love being able to stop into B&H when in NYC. Crazy fun for photography lovers. http://t.co/pP7umG8YOt #, 14 hours ago
- A Roodepoort, South Africa Runaround: A look at my run from last night (plus the crazy yelling man on my flight): http://t.co/xi45yfFiBB #, 15 hours ago
- First Look At The Névo Activity Tracker Watch: It's a minimalist smart watch that tracks runs and swims (and more): http://t.co/ke5veWoPa8 #, 15 hours ago
- @snowpong @marco_alt None capable of measuring it today. Some get close via estimation & guessing, but results can vary widely run to run. #, 17 hours ago
- @KasparsMilbergs I don't yet have a Fitbit Surge. #, 19 hours ago
- Unveiled: The new DC Rainmaker Cave…and new Bertie’s Cake Studio in Paris! Tons of photos and video walkthrough: http://t.co/qZzYVQSi2z #, Dec 16
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: MWC2014
MWC 2014 Roundup Part 4: Intel Smart earbuds, Ford automated bike-avoiding car, Behind the Scenes at MWC
After a week of full of MWC, we’ve come to the last post in my health and fitness coverage of the massive mobile focused convention. This will be a bit shorter post than the others, and I finish up with … Read More Here
MWC 2014 Roundup Part 3: A look at Kyocera fitness concepts, updates from TwoNav bike computers, standalone cellular GPS trackers, Omate smart watch
Next up we continue to work our way through Mobile World Congress and the never ending series of fitness and health related products (or, product that could be used for fitness and health purposes). Remember, to see all the posts … Read More Here
MWC 2014 Roundup Part 2: 4iiii’s updates, ANT+ updates, the Huawei TalkBand Activity Tracker, LG Lifeband, and the SanDisk ring camera
Here’s the second in my series of posts from Mobile World Congress (MWC) this week, covering the fitness and sport segment. I’ve been breaking them into about 3-5 company highlights each, with a few more posts to come still. To … Read More Here
MWC 2014 Roundup Part 1: Fitbit Force tidbits, Sony Core activity tracker and new Sony waterproof ANT+ phones, update on Mio Link
While last night’s big news was Samsung’s introduction of multiple smart watches, a new activity tracker, and their flagship S5 mobile phone – there are 8+ massive halls full of other companies exhibiting at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain … Read More Here
Hands on with Samsung’s new waterproof S5, activity tracker and Gear watches–with built-in heart rate sensors
Tonight in Barcelona, Samsung announced their latest flagship phone – the Samsung S5, as well as three additional devices. Ahead of the event, Samsung touted that fitness would be one of the core pillars of the event, and it didn’t … Read More Here
Just a quick heads up to folks that I’ll be headed to Mobile World Congress late Sunday night. I’ll be on the show floor Monday, and perhaps a few hours Tuesday morning before heading out. The massive event is held … Read More Here