I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @JohnQPS122 Not sure...but would have honestly made video epic. #, 7 hours ago
- @GGSIII You can use the Wahoo app. Free = Super Cheap! I use the app all the time for testing. #, 7 hours ago
- @pabboy7 Yup, there will be a trainer guide, likely week of Oct 26th. $800-$1,100 I'd look at KICKR. #, 7 hours ago
- @Cunningham_UK Perfectly functional, but left only. Power2Max has full sided PM at same price. #, Oct 12
- @alemos Yup, that and an Elite trainer in the sub-500 price range. #, Oct 12
- @deero83 Yup, but with a purple line showing you were to go, and alerts for turns and when you miss something. #, Oct 12
- @deero83 Yup, exactly. I've used it a few times in places I had no idea where I was, worked well enough. #, Oct 12
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Kurt Kinetic
Kinetic was at Eurobike showing off both their updated trainer lineup, as well as their plans for trainer software world domination. Let’s get right to it. The New Trainers: First up is their new smart trainers. In many ways these … Read More Here
The inRide Bluetooth Smart accessory (tiny pod above) is the first Bluetooth Smart power meter to hit the market, just ahead of other Bluetooth Smart power meters. Now, some might finagle with the terminology around ‘power meter’, but since it’s … Read More Here
This past weekend I spent a bit of time poking through all the new apps that have been released onto the Suunto Ambit App zone. There’s tons of really cool stuff that people are doing – despite the highly limited … Read More Here
NOTE: My full inRide In-Depth Review has been recently posted (click here), with far more detail and analysis than the below post. Enjoy! This is definitely the week of power meters, and there’s no shortage of new products – for … Read More Here
This past weekend was nice and relaxing. Just a few big ticket items – but largely just a lot of lounging around, enjoying the couch. Silly I know, but everything is always go-go-go, so it’s nice to simply just enjoy … Read More Here