I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10WHP) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @guido23 Yup, here's all my favorite runs: http://t.co/dXRviwBjhE Just simply take one of the shortened versions of my scenic loop run. #, 11 hours ago
- No better way to get between meetings in Paris on a warm fall Friday than the Velib. @ Cours-la-Reine http://t.co/1tLco5yu9U #, 12 hours ago
- RT @RedKitePrayer: I'd like to publicly thank @bikerumor for removing the image they stole from me. It's a shame they won't credit Bicycle Guide, though. #, 15 hours ago
- I always find the airside bicycles for employees at Frankfurt airport kinda neat. http://t.co/g2AotdA7DV #, 23 hours ago
- @ADailyDoseOfFit Both can connect to footpod, but only FR220 doesn't require it (though not as accurate in that mode). #, Sep 19
- RT @jackmott42: The aero tech behind the record http://t.co/Xg5cjMR9tg #, Sep 18
- On the way to airport in Jeddah. Won't miss drivers/cars here. Just as crazy as India, but with more speed added due to faster/nicer cars. #, Sep 18
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Summer 2014 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Interbike2012
This morning I spent a good bit of time getting to try out the BKOOL trainer, which is a resistance controlled trainer that enables you to create and ride specific workouts while automatically changing the resistance/load based on the terrain … Read More Here
Since there’s been a huge response on my StageONE power meter post (read: a ton of questions and a whole lot of people viewing it), I went ahead and sat down with the guys last night and walked through every … Read More Here
Today I had a bit of time to spend checking out the newly announced ICEdot system, which will help automatically notify emergency contacts in the event of an accident while on your bike. The system is a combination of a … Read More Here
Every year at Interbike one of the coolest non-showfloor events to head up to see CrossVegas, which is a huge Cyclocross event that takes place on Wednesday evening – about a 15 or so minute drive from the Las Vegas … Read More Here
This morning, Stages Cycling announced a new crank-based power meter, StageONE, which will be available for $699US. The power meter includes both ANT+ and Bluetooth Low Energy (BTLE/BLE/Bluetooth Smart), allowing you to connect to any of the ANT+ power meter … Read More Here