I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @SSbike Also, they could have easily run it just ahead of the caravan in mountains. Might not get full prime time live TV, but it's a start. #, 4 hours ago
- @SSbike Mirroring the last three days+Paris would have been awesome. The 17km prologue/TT, then mountain stages for excitement before Paris. #, 4 hours ago
- @crazyfab75 If you head to start it's super clearly marked. I'd start early though, since roads in Paris will closer around 10-11 for gals. #, 5 hours ago
- @FEeckman Nice, from a FLIR ONE, or another unit? Looks to be beastly hot pavement. #, 10 hours ago
- A Day at the TdF in the Mountains: What it's like, from start to finish. Plus FLIR imagery: https://t.co/wStAzZmgx7 https://t.co/5Za4CEeUXz #, 11 hours ago
- RT @nyvelocity: In a dream world, these guys would be preparing for tomorrow's stage. https://t.co/LdXqkOQPm5 #,
- @yepsen PT has some of their older GS lineup on clearance, but not sure if in SA too. Also check out Power2Max #,
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2015-2016 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns out I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Heart Rate
Yesterday I got the chance to catch-up with FitLinxx, which is making the AmpStrip sticker that does 24×7 heart rate monitoring, step tracking, sleep tracking and even body temperature. But wait, I realize you’re probably still back on the ‘sticker’ … Read More Here
Walking down the street where the blue dot on the phone’s map was leading me, I started to wonder if I had the right place. As I neared the address, all I could see was an appliance store trying to … Read More Here
Until rather recently I stored all my various sports gizmos and gadgets in a simple Rubbermaid container. Well, mostly. They kinda spilled out all over the place, so it was more like the Rubbermaid container plus a 6 foot radius. … Read More Here
It’s that time of year again. No, not that time of year. Nor that time of year. But rather, the time of year when your heart rate readings start to resemble a seismic monitor more than a representation of your … Read More Here
You may remember back a few months ago when I published my Top Tips to reduce HR strap issues. That’s since become a pretty popular posts, especially amongst Garmin Premium Soft Strap HR users. And for the vast majority of … Read More Here
For those who train with heart rate monitors often, you probably know all too well know the tell-tale sign that your little device is lying to you about your heart rate. It starts off fairly innocently with a gentle rise … Read More Here