I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- Well, that's it folks! The final item in the DCR Giveaway Extravaganza is now closed. Stay tuned for winner announcements a bit later today! #, 1 hour ago
- It's the last DCR Giveaway Extravaganza Giveaway! Now for the Garmin FR735XT GPS Tri Watch! https://t.co/c3qnm5vdgd https://t.co/gi7r9HNdl6 #, 3 hours ago
- What's that? You want to be your own action hero? Now on the DCR Giveaway: The GoPro Hero4! https://t.co/tSkbzX7vsI https://t.co/ox0MEZd9d9 #, 5 hours ago
- Another giveaway! Now with pulsing velocity! The Withings Body Cardio Scale & Activite Pop! https://t.co/SQLJJGWUHd https://t.co/X6Xd9IAFyH #, 7 hours ago
- @Stranstringulon Pretty much based on what I think is the most popular. Only decided on final giveaway 20 minutes ago. :) #, 7 hours ago
- @nicoduck Averages about 40% Euro roughly. #, 8 hours ago
- @Stranstringulon Yup, just me! Clever Training will handle the actual fulfillment once I give them winners list (random selection). #, 8 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2015-2016 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns out I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Giveaway
Phew! That was a blur! You thought you were tired? Just imagine what my web servers feel like after yesterday. They’ll basically be doing the post-marathon day walk. With the 2015 edition of the Annual DCR Giveaway Extravaganza now yesterday’s … Read More Here
For those of you waiting for the perfect giveaway deal, this may very well be it. The Suunto Ambit 3 Peak has something for everyone; well actually this one only has everything for just the one person whose entry is drawn … Read More Here
Captain’s Log: Stardate 93194.09. The Enterprise has bypassed its scheduled archaeological survey of Camus II in response to a distress call from the Federation freighter Arcos, which has assumed an emergency orbit around Turkana IV, birthplace of… Oh, um sorry, wrong post … Read More Here
There are few training tasks worse than riding alone on a trainer in a dark basement or within sketchy closet. It’s just you, your bike, and the wall ahead of you with 4 paint marks that you still haven’t fixed two … Read More Here
Well then, that escalated quickly. From $250 GPS watch to $1,200 power meter…all in the span of one minute. Boom! You saw my review on these puppies yesterday, and it’s definitely all good. Now you can not only ride around … Read More Here
Think small and mighty. Like mighty mouse on EPO (or synthetic testosterone as the cool kids are doing this week). But legal instead. So, like Nutella and bananas. That’s what the M450 is like: Incredibly powerful yet super small. It’s … Read More Here
Too many BBQ’s this summer? Too many Slushies? First off – no, that’s impossible. Trust me, from the land that lacks both good slow cooked BBQ and Slushies I reject that claim outright. You can never have too much BBQ … Read More Here
What, you thought we’d limit this to things that are currently shipping? Nah, I’m about the future here! Even if the future is only a week or two away. The FR920XT is probably without question the most beloved triathlon watch … Read More Here
So…are you ready to rumble? Or perhaps at least fake it for the camera? Well then – I’ve got the giveaway for you: The GoPro Hero4 Silver. It’s now my go-to action cam that I grab anytime I’m looking to … Read More Here
With Valentine’s Day landing this past weekend, I figured it was the perfect time to give something away. Except, instead of just one something, I went for a double: Two somethings! The winner could choose two gadgets from Clever Training, … Read More Here
Over the weekend I held a rather unique giveaway where I asked folks to guess how many steps I walked at CES from Sunday till Monday. Closest person was the winner, simple as that! The most accurate answer then got … Read More Here
When it comes to walking, I have no week at any point during the year where I tally up a greater number of steps than that of CES. And this year was definitely no different. It’s been a crazy packed week (with … Read More Here
Over the weekend I held the ‘Anything on my Recommendations List’ giveaway, which basically meant that as long as I liked the product and it was listed on my Winter 2014-2015 Recommendations Guide – then you could win it. This … Read More Here
Wouldn’t it be cool if you could pick any gadget that’s on my ‘2014 Winter Sports Gadget Recommendations’ list and call it your own? Yup, I agree. And, so does Clever Training. So they’re offering up to one lucky holiday duck … Read More Here
Hopefully everyone had a great weekend, and everyone that raced (or trained) was successful in that venture – especially those enduring the lava fields at Kona! Since Friday when the giveaway opened, a mind-boggling metric crapton of you entered the … Read More Here
We find ourselves on the eve of the Ironman World Championships this weekend, which seems like no better reason to get into the swing of things with a good ole giveaway. Especially now that the hangover has eased off after … Read More Here