I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @jeremydigital Everything goes back to companies. It sometimes takes a while, as I usually bundle things together to save on shipping. #, 1 hour ago
- @JesseAld Sadly not. #, 2 hours ago
- @th4ker Getting it done so I can move onto lunch. #, 2 hours ago
- Yes, likely at same time as GoPro Karma towards mid-late October. It'll be a folding face-off! https://t.co/ML1R9AecZz #, 3 hours ago
- RT @stevefleck: @Rumpledhasher @dcrainmakerblog This is true. @Interbike is not a selling/buying show for the big bike brands anymore. #, 3 hours ago
- And no sooner than I finished taking that picture, the DHL man dropped off another. This one the Elite Rampa traine… https://t.co/ZFdNmNc2y2 #, 3 hours ago
- It's gonna be a busy afternoon on the unboxing front... https://t.co/ga7tD9UKwO #, 3 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2015-2016 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns out I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Giveaway
This…is…it: The final giveaway! You’ve made it this far, either because you gave up and had to take a few hours off, or because you are actually staring at the screen with bloodshot eyes right now. Either way, congrats on … Read More Here
You can never weigh yourself too many times, or with too many devices. After all, that’s how I somehow got more than a dozen scales right now. However, none of those scales have Pulse Wave Velocity like the Withings Body … Read More Here
French fries. Or, freedom fries in some circles. The bane fitness and weight loss plans everywhere. However – I’ve got a plan for you that involves keeping your frites: Just run/walk more. What’s that? Don’t want to run? No worries, … Read More Here
Polar bears, they’re pretty awesome. They swim around in ice cold water where really nobody else wants to. Heck, they even live on floating ice. And they fish and stuff with their bare hands. Which, is absolutely nothing like the Polar … Read More Here
Let there be more power to the people! This time though, double the power. Yup, I’m giving away the dual-sensing PowerTap P1 power meter pedals. You can now measure all the powers! Hopefully, those powers are strong. Wouldn’t want to … Read More Here
Vowels are overrated. Especially ‘E’. KICKR, TICKR, ELEMNT, RFLKT…all missing an ‘E’ or two. Somewhere in the universe there’s a vast supply of extra E’s, like a Wheel of Fortune dumpster with vultures circling overhead. Homeless and looking for a … Read More Here
Power to the people! Or, in this case – power from the people. Canadian people that is. The people who bring you maple syrup and endless snowballs have also rummaged up a rather functional power meter. This sub-$400 unit … Read More Here
This past week was the giveaway for all those left disappointed by their Christmas tree offerings. No, not the pine needles, but rather the lack of proper sport gadgetry! Some 5,928 of you entered in expressing some form of displeasure … Read More Here
I’m sure many of you received various sports gadgets over the last few weeks as part of the holidays. But for those unlucky elves who received a half-eaten gel packet in their Christmas stocking from their not-so-significant others, I’ve got … Read More Here