I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @ScottWatkins100 Mainly to get better connectivity, plus 4K shooting capabilities. #, 8 hours ago
- @jannema06264767 Huh? #, 8 hours ago
- @wbdowntown Tri or road bike? #, 10 hours ago
- @ryan_mcc2015 Not a K-Edge. #, 11 hours ago
- @DeltaBCDad It was a steel mount... #, 11 hours ago
- Once again cobblestones prove to be the ultimate bike/action cam mount snapper. Another one bites the...cobbles. #, 11 hours ago
- @NorthernTri Yup, no problems at all! #, 18 hours ago
Tag Archives: Garmin GPS
For those who train with heart rate monitors often, you probably know all too well know the tell-tale sign that your little device is lying to you about your heart rate. It starts off fairly innocently with a gentle rise … Read More Here
One of the most common questions I get is how you can create routes and maps that you can follow on your Garmin device. Many of the most popular devices support this feature – including the 305/310XT/500/705 – however most … Read More Here
When the Garmin Forerunner 310XT was announced earlier this spring, it represented the next logical evolution from the Garmin 305. It promised many of the features triathletes were looking for, while also promising to still appeal to the single-sport … Read More Here
One of the most common complaints with the Forerunner 305 is that for most age group athletes is its battery life – limited to about 10 hours on a good day. This precludes many folks from being able to use … Read More Here
While I have many posts on how to get the most from your Garmin Forerunner, it was pointed out to me recently that I don’t actually have any posts on how best to race with it. So this one will … Read More Here
Just for the fun of it back a little while ago I decided to input my Nation’s Tri bike race plan into my Garmin device. It was a super-simple two step plan, so I didn’t have to worry about a … Read More Here
Today I bring you the tale of two creatures – intertwined by a nice forty mile ride. The Ghetto Geko First, we start with a little ‘situation’ that arose a few weeks ago while kayaking in Palau. Something mighta-sorta-occurred involving … Read More Here