I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @gingerneilnc It's actually surprisingly cool. I played with the app and device (sans-band) last week a bit. Well done. Parental-app only. #, 1 hour ago
- It has arrived: The Power Meters Buyer’s Guide–2016 Edition: Everything and anything about buying power meters:… https://t.co/FTCAfwhNef #, 2 hours ago
- RT @dengaterade: He should win a trial. No jury would believe a Neon could do triple digits! https://t.co/eGRwUBgN6A #, 2 hours ago
- @jeremydigital Everything goes back to companies. It sometimes takes a while, as I usually bundle things together to save on shipping. #, 4 hours ago
- @JesseAld Sadly not. #, 5 hours ago
- @th4ker Getting it done so I can move onto lunch. #, 5 hours ago
- Yes, likely at same time as GoPro Karma towards mid-late October. It'll be a folding face-off! https://t.co/ML1R9AecZz #, 6 hours ago
Tag Archives: Garmin GPS
Today Garmin announced the new Garmin FR10 GPS watch. This watch has one purpose, and one purpose only: To compete with the onslaught of $100 GPS watches. From features and functionality to sizing – everything is smaller than other Garmin … Read More Here
If you’re like me and are constantly on a laptop – there are really two minor issues that I have with the Garmin USB stick that I use to download workouts from my Forerunner to my computer. First up is … Read More Here
While Garmin was at CES this year – the vast majority of their focus there from a new products standpoint was automotive and mobile in nature. All of the fitness related products had long since been announced back in the … Read More Here
Back in August while on a trip to Chicago, I snuck in an early morning VO2Max test – purely for the goal of understanding how the New Leaf Fitness metabolic profile tests worked, in an effort to get more accurate … Read More Here
Many of you probably use the most common version of auto lap today for your runs and rides, with it automatically marking laps based on a predefined distance such as every mile or kilometer. But if you’re doing a course/route … Read More Here
Ever since booking our honeymoon months ago I was curious exactly what the GPS map would look like while running outside on the circular running track while the ship was underway at sea. Would you be able to see the … Read More Here
There are few topics that cause more confusion, intrigue and general ‘Huh?’ in the sports world than calorie burn. While many runners or cyclists often estimate calorie burn (and thus cookie allocation metrics) using borderline sketchy back of the napkin … Read More Here
You may remember back a few months ago when I published my Top Tips to reduce HR strap issues. That’s since become a pretty popular posts, especially amongst Garmin Premium Soft Strap HR users. And for the vast majority of … Read More Here
When you first get your Garmin Forerunner 305 or Forerunner 310XT – you’re abound with happy. Snugly tied to your wrist, life is grand. You can run with it on your wrist, bike with it on your wrist, and even … Read More Here
Last week Garmin quietly introduced a new upgrade to the Garmin Forerunner 310XT watch that now enables an open water swim mode. This new feature aims to allow you to get accurate distance in the water while using the watch … Read More Here
One of the more common questions/comments that I answer on many of my review posts are technical in nature – and often times covering specific issues or problems a person is running into. As a result I end up doing … Read More Here