I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with the link and 10% off everything coupon below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- RT @BrimBrothers: .@donrhummy Not ready for Santa this year. Current plan is mid 2014. Nailing down production plans at moment. Hard detail… #, 12 hours ago
- @awulff Very odd. Mine is just regular US app store. Odd. #, 16 hours ago
- Check it out! The exclusive DCR branded Safer Swimmer openwater swim buoy!: http://t.co/CnQ95p9nzr #, 21 hours ago
- @DavidDavidagary Stages is already served through a distributor there, that will remain the case. #, 21 hours ago
- I'm not quite clear on why there's an American Flag snowman in Paris airport arrivals hall now..but I'll go with it. http://t.co/LGWZmzdoxS #, 21 hours ago
- @cwikdahl No, different target markets at respective price points. #, 23 hours ago
- Prices aren't bad either 699€ base and top out at 899€. Notable as many companies bump price on top of currency conversion. No bump. #, 24 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (2013 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Garmin
The Garmin FR220 is the company’s latest mid-range (price-wise) running watch, which succeeds the older FR210 unit. The FR210 carved out the mid-range niche, ahead of a slew of competitors that have followed in its footsteps. But can Garmin jump … Read More Here
Today (well, technically last night, just barely) Garmin announced the latest addition to their bike computer lineup – the Garmin Touring. I had a chance to spend time with the product team last April and give them a bunch of … Read More Here
On Tuesday Garmin announced their entry into the sports action camera market – a market currently dominated by GoPro, with a slew of other companies behind it (such as Contour and many others). The introduction of the Garmin VIRB (that’s … Read More Here
[Please Note: Garmin Vector has been released, you can see my first look at it here. In the interest of keeping things clean, I've disabled new comments here, and all comments should head over to that post. Thanks!] Today, on … Read More Here
[Please Note: Garmin Vector has been released, you can see my first look at it here. In the interest of keeping things clean, I've disabled new comments here, and all comments should head over to that post. Thanks!] Over the past … Read More Here
A few hours ago Garmin released an update that enables the TrainingPeaks metrics of TSS/IF/NP, as well as adds a whole crapton of other items and fixes. And yes, crapton is a technical term. This brings the unit inline with … Read More Here
It’s been nearly 10 months since the announcement that TSS/NP/IF metrics would come to the Edge 500, and as of 11AM central time – it’s finally available. For those that want to get right to the action, you can swing … Read More Here
Earlier this week, Garmin introduced a new bit of functionality to their existing Garmin Fit iPhone/Android app. This is the app that uses their Garmin Fit iPhone adapter to access ANT+ data. It came out last fall, and for the … Read More Here
Just a quick bit of news from Garmin to start off your day: “After testing our latest advanced prototypes of the Vector system, we are still not satisfied with the results. As you can imagine, Vector is a complex, precision … Read More Here
This might be the quickest post I’ve ever written – but it’s one that I feel probably deserves some brief mention – if only to divert mail flow from my own inbox, directly to theirs (at the office this is … Read More Here