I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Looking for the best 2015 Holiday Deals? Here's the continually updated master sports tech list!
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @darrenspicknell Coming up today! Had some minor issue when I went to draw tonight that the multi-thousand comment #'s weren't showing up. #, 5 hours ago
- RT @TRS_tri: Give Thanks! TRS Radio is back w/ @VesterbyTri + @dcrainmakerblog. Research by @_Dark_Mark. https://t.co/tWOmjO78PK https://t.co/9OQ6oJkvNR #, 11 hours ago
- @muZZkat Ahh yes, I remember that day...pissing would be a polite way of putting it, right @BW_Tri ? #, 14 hours ago
- @greghilton Oh, I saw update. Just not sure if they plan to reach out to me. #, 17 hours ago
- @greghilton Though diff than they told CW, but that's great. I don't know if I'm on their list. Happy to share data if they provide unit. #, 17 hours ago
- @amphkingwest Fair enough, though I suspect since you can semi-build your own to a degree, the user cases there is limited. #, 18 hours ago
- I think I'd need a new DCR Cave to house that expansion! Cave 2! https://t.co/n9kh9RPvIf #, 18 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Foot pod
It’s been about 8 months since the first Bluetooth Smart footpod popped out into the market, introduced by Polar shortly after the release of their Polar Beat app. However, while it technically worked just fine, it lacked one thing: Elegance. … Read More Here
Last month while at the ANT+ Symposium I had the chance to poke at and go for a run with a new running mechanics sensor that’s looking to hit the market next year. The sensor, called Motion Scribe, is the … Read More Here
Earlier this week Polar announced their latest product – though, it’s not a watch. Or even anything connected to a watch. Instead, it’s an accessory for smart phones that further illuminates Polar’s direction and protocol strategy going forward. The Bluetooth … Read More Here
Today Garmin (Nov 1st, 2012) announced and released a new firmware update for the Garmin Fenix watch – which has been primarily targeted at ultra runners and hikers. This comes in firmware version 2.90. The watch itself came out over … Read More Here
Tis the season when the weather goes from bad…to ugly, and as such – many folks are heading indoors to the treadmill to get in their quality runs completed. Of course, for data junkies like myself (and many of you) … Read More Here