I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- It's definitely one of this mornings. Breakfast of champions getting last-min stuff published today at Eurobike. https://t.co/GmK2qlod0m #, 9 mins ago
- @carltonreid Yup, my own van. Nice, we'll have to catch up over next few days. #, 10 hours ago
- @carltonreid I didn't know it had a name. It's roughly directly next to Hall A6? #, 10 hours ago
- The DCR Live sessions are back for Eurobike! Got some awesome live Q&A's lined up this week: https://t.co/ftxNHxvY5a https://t.co/RbvW8vLfzs #, 11 hours ago
- RT @BestBikeSplit: Excited to see some of the cool tech coming out of #Eurobike! Check out @dcrainmakerblog for some live coverage https://t.co/kC8M1CDGOw. #, 13 hours ago
- @38grenoble I live in France. :) #, 13 hours ago
- RT @tacx: Great to see @dcrainmakerblog at our @EUROBIKE_SHOW booth to review the #TacxFLUX! More: https://t.co/GU47pZKJEh https://t.co/Xws697IpMH #, 14 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2015-2016 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns out I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Food
Here’s the latest and greatest from the land of…well…me? 1) Reverse Unboxing Sometimes, unboxing comes after product usage. As strange as that may seem. Occasionally I’ll get final products without boxes. Either because the boxes weren’t ready yet, because I … Read More Here
Since I’ve got less than 45 minutes until my flight departs, we’re going to go bullet-point style to cover the randomness that was this weekend: (Edit: Ok, my attempt to publish before departure was thwarted by my little friend…slow internet.) … Read More Here
While many couples may go out on the town on Friday night in Paris (or anywhere else for that matter), we’ve gone and created a bit of a twist on the traditional Friday night date night. In our case, we … Read More Here
One of the things we both really enjoy doing is going to u-pick farms and picking our own fruits and vegetables. In the past, we’ve primarily picked apples, blueberries, and strawberries. Given it’s fall (crazy, huh?), we figured it was … Read More Here
Within the US there exists boatloads of cities that have identical names to those of other far more prominent cities in far away lane. For example: Florence, SC (have spent a fair bit of time there in fact). Or Paris, … Read More Here
After getting back from Vegas on (yet another) redeye and going straight to work, I was exhausted come Thursday evening and Friday. Which might explain why I managed now almost three straight days of falling asleep early, and sleeping really … Read More Here
I’ve talked in the past a bit about nutrition and how I balance my desire to eat everything that looks great with attempting to be healthy in my choices. Yet how does that jive with all the travel I do … Read More Here
After more weeks of travel than I can realistically count, I landed into Washington National Airport late Thursday night, and finally got a complete and full weekend at home. Woohoo! And there’s no better way to kick-off a Friday night … Read More Here