I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- Yes, likely at same time as GoPro Karma towards mid-late October. It'll be a folding face-off! https://t.co/ML1R9AecZz #, 58 mins ago
- RT @stevefleck: @Rumpledhasher @dcrainmakerblog This is true. @Interbike is not a selling/buying show for the big bike brands anymore. #, 59 mins ago
- And no sooner than I finished taking that picture, the DHL man dropped off another. This one the Elite Rampa traine… https://t.co/ZFdNmNc2y2 #, 1 hour ago
- It's gonna be a busy afternoon on the unboxing front... https://t.co/ga7tD9UKwO #, 1 hour ago
- @daveybaa It floated away... #, 2 hours ago
- Well then. One company has been busy responding to DCR reader questions this evening...always great to see! (And th… https://t.co/89xSWpDArd #, 15 hours ago
- @gregclimbs It doesn't quite yet though. Soon it will, perhaps by time units ship in two weeks. #, 19 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2015-2016 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns out I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Extravaganza2014
If you just joined us for the DCR Giveaway Extravaganza, you’re late…..but….you’re not too late. This craziness has been going on for the past 22 hours. Seriously; like every 2 hours; all night and all day. We’ve given away so many … Read More Here
Fricken lasers beams! While I originally asked TomTom for sharks with laser beams on their heads, they balked. They said they didn’t do sharks and asked why I wanted a shark anyway. I called them wimps, and we went our … Read More Here
It’s like peanut butter and jelly (or in the case of Europe: Nutella and anything). The Garmin FR15 is one of the best little GPS watches and activity monitors out there. Then you combine it with my current favorite heart … Read More Here
Your long wait is over. It’s here. That’s right…..It’s Power Meter time! Behold the SRAM Quarq Riken. Let the wagering begin. All you have to wager is a comment, so it’s not really a wager; more like just a…well, a … Read More Here
OK, we’re now half way through the DCR Giveaway Extravaganza. It’s been a long day – especially if you’ve been stalking and refreshing this page waiting for the next big deal. Sure, it’s been a long 12 hours but … Read More Here
It’s midnight in Australia right now. Which, is somewhat unfortunate for them because as they head into winter, this giveaway is probably more relevant to them than some of you sitting here pondering your lunch options on a hot and … Read More Here
Are you planning on swimming, cycling, and running all in one day this summer? I’d point out that sounds like a lot of work (I’d advise just doing one instead). But, if you’re headstrong on doing the whole triathlete thing … Read More Here
What’s that you say? You want more high end watches? Ok, deal. Next up we’ve got the Suunto Ambit2 – it’ll go ahead and track your flailing efforts across all three triathlon sports while also providing navigational support in the … Read More Here
Back in early spring Garmin released their Fenix2 multisport watch. This was a well-received move in the sports watch marketplace, bringing enhanced navigation, Running Dynamics, and Bluetooth upload capability into the mix. Oh, and with the Summer Solstice sneaking up … Read More Here
Your long wait is over. Let the Giveaway Extravaganza begin! First up, for your consideration: a GoPro Hero3+ Black. The Hero3+ Black is their newest top of the line model, actually a combo pack of sorts since it includes a … Read More Here