I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10JKW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @IanBlackburn HR strap is puzzling. For trainer, I don't think the smart ones can be controlled from iPad over ANT. Might be wrong. #, 15 hours ago
- @poioz Yup, about 2M on United, another .6M on others. #, 15 hours ago
- For the 4th day in a row, another night another international flight. http://t.co/KbNsX2pGHG #, 16 hours ago
- @IanBlackburn To start, can it find trainer via BT (no dongle)? #, 16 hours ago
- @emateosg It's all about diversity... #, 22 hours ago
- Can't beat ending a New York City run right in the center of it all. @ Times square (red stairs) http://t.co/6ZG0cclDFa #, 22 hours ago
- After a lot of exercise around photo store (and exercise for my credit card), decided to replenish. http://t.co/YUQbxDoqPP #, Dec 18
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Extravaganza2013
All good things must come to an end…and the end is regrettably here. And by here, I mean after explaining this last giveaway. I decided to make a bit of a basket of things for the iPhone/iPad/iPod carrying person. First … Read More Here
Sometimes you just can’t decide. Like when eating donuts. Apple fritter or maple bar? That’s sorta how it was for this giveaway. I couldn’t decide between the 510 or the 810. Some folks want mapping, and some want a slightly … Read More Here
I told you I wasn’t going to stop with just watches and power meters…. While it may be a few days into summer for those of us up north, that doesn’t mean you can’t spend some quality time on the … Read More Here
Sometimes you just need a friend when you’re going out and swimming, cycling and running 140.6 miles. No, not scuba fins like Finman. But something more technologically advanced, like, the FR910XT. This multisport watch will track your swims, bikes, and … Read More Here
What? You thought I’d be just doing watches today? Oh how wrong you are…you just wait…I’m only getting warmed up. The Quarq power meter allows you to more accurately pace your race and training efforts, ultimately increasing the likelihood of … Read More Here
Yes, that’s a glass of chocolate milk. When I went sifting through my library of product photos for the single shot to use for the Timex Run Trainer 2.0 giveaway, I stumbled upon the above photo. It was in a … Read More Here
There’s no question that the RC3 is my most favored Polar product to date. It’s the first Polar unit to fully integrate GPS into the watch itself. The unit is primarily aimed at the running crowd, but can easily do … Read More Here
First up this year, the Suunto Ambit 2! This triathlon focused watch crossed over from starting off as a hiking/ultra-runners watch and then within the Ambit 2 line, they added in all triathlon sports (swim/bike/run/multisport). Of course, even if you … Read More Here
For those loyal readers who were around last year, you’ll remember the massive Giveaway Extravaganza I launched last year about this time. Normally when I do a traditional giveaway, I giveaway a single item and the entry period lasts a … Read More Here