I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with the link and 10% off everything coupon below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @NathanJSimpson Generally yes, though, I still wish it had a protected pocket. Thankfully, The Girl is crafty and will solve that for me. #, 5 hours ago
- @_chrisosborn Yup! And it's combinable with the Clever Training 10% DCR discount too. ;) #, 10 hours ago
- 5 Random Things I Did This Weekend: From riding loops around the Louvre, to runs into the hills...and of course food! http://t.co/bVbsDtscz5 #, 13 hours ago
- @jaxn @gpstracklog I'm referring to the pins/band, which is what the lawsuit is about. #, 15 hours ago
- @jaxn @gpstracklog Sorta odd, because the pins issue was addressed pretty early on, and Garmin supports swaps out units still (for free). #, 16 hours ago
- @diabbolo The end of the post-race cars, like the caboose on a train. #, 17 hours ago
- RT @gpstracklog: Class action suit proposed over Garmin Forerunner 610 separating from band: http://t.co/rYcrKPCAex #, 18 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (2013 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Eurobike2013
While the Recon Jet was introduced this past spring, it’s a project I’ve been following for quite a long time. I first sat down with the company over a year ago to talk about what athletes would want in a … Read More Here
O-Synce introduces new Bluetooth Smart accessories/displays, other cool functionality in software for power meter users
Over the past few days I got a chance to check out all the new units that O-Synce is working on for the next few months. First out of the gate is the upcoming release of a new Bluetooth Smart … Read More Here
As part of my Eurobike coverage I’ve published posts for all of the power meter companies that have released new products at Eurobike this year. Each of those companies had a separate post published on their new products. That included … Read More Here
This week at Eurobike, Power2Max has introduced their new Type S lineup of power meters, which expands compatibility across a wide number of crank sets, as well as reduces weight in the unit. As a refresher, I reviewed the 2nd … Read More Here
Over the past five days PowerTap has released a slew of new products – some big ones, and some smaller updates. But, all definitely worth talking about. Before getting into it, as I’ve noted on a lot of recent posts … Read More Here
Today (well, technically last night, just barely) Garmin announced the latest addition to their bike computer lineup – the Garmin Touring. I had a chance to spend time with the product team last April and give them a bunch of … Read More Here
Updated August 30th, 7:58PM with clarifications/additions from SRM, see note at end for summary of changes. Today SRM unwrapped their PC8 head unit, which is the successor to their existing PC7 head unit that’s on the market today. The PC8 … Read More Here
Just a super-quick mid-evening Eurobike heads up that I’ve gone back and added a large gallery of photos of the actual Garmin VIRB production units to the Garmin VIRB action camera post that was put up last week. This helps … Read More Here
While Polar is strangely absent from this years Eurobike show floor, their partner with the already released Polar/Look Keo Power System – Look – was present and more than happy to sit down and talk about their upcoming plans for … Read More Here
This morning I spent a bit of time going hands-on with the latest product from Tacx – their iPad training app. In addition, I got details on their upcoming Bluetooth Smart trainers, and their plans to play better and more … Read More Here
The company behind the popular Kinomap training software has released a new app – Bull Trainer. This app allows you to ‘ride’ the historical graphs of any publically traded company. Depending on how volatile that company is, your workout may … Read More Here