I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10LFW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- Not gonna lie...I get the best birthday cakes. Period. From the awesome @BertiesCupCakes! http://t.co/OTJDcs1stN #, 3 hours ago
- @eviandrinker Any chance you have backlight set to stay in? #, 4 hours ago
- @herbertkrabel Thanks! Though...wrapping paper might throw me for a loop... #, 4 hours ago
- @coffndrop Running Dynamics mostly refers to Ground Contact Time and Vertical Oscillation. Cadence on all Garmin running watches now. #, 7 hours ago
- @dpmbrock Thanks Dan! #, 14 hours ago
- Despite rain & chillier temps, always enjoy a solo night ride out of the city to the woods. https://t.co/zjoiBdW2PC http://t.co/u7gPx6wJNP #, 23 hours ago
- RT @cyclingtips: Disrespect + disorganization at the women's #TDF. @mmcyclist's story on racing La Grand Boucle in 2003. http://t.co/tfUlpkMExN #, Jul 28
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: DCR Behind the Scenes
Finally back home after a busy week with Ray in Las Vegas for the CES coverage, while backing up photo files, I ran across a few shots that a lot of you will find interesting. Last Monday, my first day … Read More Here
Over the last couple of weeks I’ve got a few variations on the following question (for a variety of products): “Will you be reviewing the Bryton Rider 60 any time soon? If not please can you say why? I realize … Read More Here
Monday night I had my usual Monday easy swim, and since it’s summer, I was able to do it outdoors in the town pool (during the winter, I’m stuck indoors). I had planed afterwards to spend a bit of time … Read More Here
(Quick side note: If you saw yesterday’s post regarding wireless downloading from the FR310XT straight to the web via an iPhone without a computer, I’ve updated it with new comments from Garmin. In short, they’re looking for feedback as to … Read More Here