I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10JKW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- .@abussey1 @NickCameron She's more low-budget. Two little $5 sparkly pink Fitbit Flex bands she ordered were in that box. Happy camper. :) #, 41 mins ago
- @NickCameron @abussey1 The power meters alone would eat through that... #, 56 mins ago
- RT @NickCameron: I seriously feel like purchasing everything @dcrainmakerblog reviews. You have become an expensive habit and I love it. #, 2 hours ago
- @PreachSwanson It does. Though, unfortunately I don't just get to tear open the box! Always a gazillion photos involved. #, 3 hours ago
- Also arrived today... Kodak 360* action cam, Zeal HD2 ski goggles, Sony Smartwatch3, and Velocomputer sensors. http://t.co/kuDpsCX0Ws #, 3 hours ago
- It actually exists: The FR920XT quick release kit. Just in time for...umm...polar bear swims? http://t.co/vn36ijWX8a #, 3 hours ago
- The (massive) Winter 2014-2015 Trainer App In-Depth Guide: Just about every app out there in one huge guide: http://t.co/upZsj9uFSz #, 10 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Summer 2014 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: CompuTrainer
After my recent Winter 2014-2015 trainer recommendations post, many of you have been asking about trainer apps. I decided against combining it with the trainer recommendations post in order to give its full due in a standalone post. In retrospect … Read More Here
CompuTrainer begins to open up access to apps, Kinomap demos WiFi CompuTrainer control and announced Android app
This week at Interbike, both CompuTrainer and Kinomap have made a number of announcements around application control and usage with the CompuTrainer trainer. Let’s dive into them. CompuTrainer’s ‘Open Source’ First up is potentially the beginning of CompuTrainer opening up … Read More Here
Just a brief post to relay some information that is definitely of interest to some of you out there. This afternoon an e-mail went out from the company notifying folks that they have resolved the contractual issues that have kept … Read More Here
On Wednesday an application developer jumped onto the scene with what is probably the coolest new completed CompuTrainer development in years: The ability to use ANT+ sensors directly with CompuTrainer. This replaces much of the cabling that is typically required … Read More Here
Back in July RacerMate announced a complete overhaul of their existing CompuTrainer software, which came in multiple pieces. The new software suite – dubbed RacerMate One – would integrate all of the existing software components together under one roof, while … Read More Here
I have impeccable timing. I choose to get one of the new CompuTrainer Interactive Real Course Video’s during one of the last weeks that I’ll regularly use my trainer this year. With the weather today hitting 70*, and with daylight … Read More Here