I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10JKW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- The (massive) Winter 2014-2015 Trainer App In-Depth Guide: Just about every app out there in one huge guide: http://t.co/upZsj9uFSz #, 2 hours ago
- Items I transported via Velib today: 1 microwave, 1 trainer, 1 vacuum, 2 trainer mats.… http://t.co/pts6dYEKqC #, 16 hours ago
- A mere 1,080 pieces of data entered into DCR Product Comparison Tool for tomorrow's post on trainer apps. Phew! #, 21 hours ago
- @verrytom Correct, not at this time. Sorry! I appreciate thinking of me though! #, Nov 20
- @BW_Tri No rush on RSVP. Unfortunately our place is already 'reserved' that weekend. :( I found solid deals on AirBNB nearby though. #, Nov 19
- RT @Strava: Look at your “Year-to-date” statistics on your profile and see what you’ve accomplished this year. #stravaproveit http://t.co/ySdJTVgeaB #, Nov 19
- @BW_Tri Pool's....are fun here. :) Here's one that's only a block away: http://t.co/TqxvFSLVNB #, Nov 19
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Summer 2014 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: CES
Earlier this week while in Las Vegas for CES I had the chance to meet up with the founder of Bia, the only womens focused GPS watch on the market. Cheryl Kellond and I met me at the UNLV track … Read More Here
CES Roundup Part 2: Garmin, ANT+, 4iiii, BKOOL, Withings, O-Synce, Outside Interactive, LG, Pebble, Casio, Opryx, Glucovation
We left off yesterday with Part 1 of my CES Roundup, which covered new products and notables from the following companies: Sony, Geonaute, Contour, VOXX, Jaybird, Kreyos, Aftershokz, Reebok, Magellan, and Moxy. Today, we dive into the second half of … Read More Here
CES Roundup Part 1: Sony, Geonaute, Contour, VOXX, Jaybird, Kreyos, Aftershokz, Reebok, Magellan, Moxy
The only way to describe CES is organized chaos. Over time, you get better at it. This year I optimized my schedule and shunned doing any scheduled appointments. This allowed me to to simply move from booth to booth in … Read More Here
Today, Wahoo Fitness announced three new products for the fitness market, and in doing so, started what they describe as a new push towards cross-platform support. The three products are all heart-rate strap based, but with different (cumulative) features and … Read More Here
(Please note that my full in-depth review is now published and available based on the final unit and functionality. Read it all here!) Today, Polar fully announced their new V800 GPS integrated triathlon watch. The watch covers all three sports … Read More Here
Update March 12th, 2014: I have published my full In-Depth Review of the Vivofit here. Please head over there for full details and the latest. Today, Garmin announced their latest fitness product, and first entrants into the activity monitor world: … Read More Here
How about them apples? Seriously, that was first thought about seeing the below situation from afar. The folks at the booth nearby had urged me to go over and try and ascertain what exactly was going on in there. Given … Read More Here
Like last year, I’ll be making a quick trip to the Consumer Electronics Show – which is pretty much the super bowl of consumer electronics. The show is held annually in Las Vegas, usually on the first full non-holiday week … Read More Here
While Garmin was at CES this year – the vast majority of their focus there from a new products standpoint was automotive and mobile in nature. All of the fitness related products had long since been announced back in the … Read More Here
We left off last week checking out a slew of cool things, so if you missed that pile of gadget awesomeness – definitely swing back and check it out. Without further ado – let’s get into it! First up is … Read More Here
I spent a crazy busy 24 hours in Las Vegas on Wednesday, as part of speaking at a session/panel on Wednesday there (which I’ll be posting on here shortly). During that time I talked to just about everyone that I … Read More Here
As I sit here waiting for my connecting flight in San Francisco to Las Vegas, I just wanted to throw out a reminder to those also at CES that I’ll be moderating a Health and Fitness panel there tomorrow at … Read More Here
A month or so ago I was contacted and asked if I would like to moderate a panel at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in January, in Las Vegas. For those not familiar with CES – it’s one of … Read More Here