I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @alien8 Have you tried w/o TR though? Such as just with simple Wahoo app? #, 6 hours ago
- @Quadrathon Yeah, that's tougher. I mostly just use rail mount, I used the GoPro seatpost mount for some other stuff, but agree it's messy. #, 8 hours ago
- @alien8 Hmm, will have to try it. I think the lowest I've tried is 50rpm's roughly on it. Though, I've done far lower on the KICKR (~22RPM) #, 8 hours ago
- @Quadrathon Oh...right post, not rail. Forward facing then, or you just want it lower down? #, 9 hours ago
- @cscsco I'd look at what apps you plan to use. KICKR SNAP has wider app compat today than Vortex. If price equal, probably SNAP. #, 9 hours ago
- @jspruit @jukkar Yeah, I ended up staying at an airport hotel here and will drive out early in the morning to meetings. Then elsewhere tmrw. #, 9 hours ago
- Zwift rolls out first real world course: UCI 2015 Road World Championships in Richmond: http://t.co/zIYbxmGG40 http://t.co/Dqhfax2mdT #, 9 hours ago
Tag Archives: Boston Marathon
Note from Ray: Last week leading into the Boston Marathon I had a reader (John) that e-mailed me asking if I’d like to follow along his wife’s progress on the day using the new Garmin GTU 10 tracker. As he … Read More Here
I was approached yesterday by the folks from Salonpas to giveaway a Boston Marathon registration slot to anyone who wanted it (including yours truly). Yup – you heard that right: A pre-paid entry slot to the Boston Marathon. Given I’ve … Read More Here
In the running world, there is no more legendary road race than the Boston Marathon. But, as anyone who has raced Boston will tell you – it’s not about just the race itself, but rather about the process to get … Read More Here