I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @BobVillanueva @dypeterc By only sharing summarized data they hid whether one might merely be 2-3s behind other. Very common. #, 14 hours ago
- It's up - my Versailles Triathlon (/Muddy Buddy) 2016 Race Report: https://t.co/5ROw2TSIbx https://t.co/MxHgo6AIIR #, 16 hours ago
- @G_Fredrick Yup, they added it a few months later. Been meaning to add it to review. #, 17 hours ago
- @ngillygirl75 @docmonz Yup, I can look back at my initial training and see the significant improvement. It just takes time (months). #, 17 hours ago
- @docmonz I do. I think it's useful to help folks understand intensities. #, 17 hours ago
- @simonsen77 Like this: https://t.co/2kLNF4iztz #, 17 hours ago
- Initial Thoughts: New Pebble 2 with optical HR - and Core with 3G, GPS & Spotify: https://t.co/2kLNF4iztz https://t.co/rGMC6KMscC #, 17 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here's my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2015-2016 edition) - covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 'Gear I Use' equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here's The Girl's (my wife's) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns out I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that...continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Boston Marathon
Note from Ray: Last week leading into the Boston Marathon I had a reader (John) that e-mailed me asking if I’d like to follow along his wife’s progress on the day using the new Garmin GTU 10 tracker. As he … Read More Here
I was approached yesterday by the folks from Salonpas to giveaway a Boston Marathon registration slot to anyone who wanted it (including yours truly). Yup – you heard that right: A pre-paid entry slot to the Boston Marathon. Given I’ve … Read More Here
In the running world, there is no more legendary road race than the Boston Marathon. But, as anyone who has raced Boston will tell you – it’s not about just the race itself, but rather about the process to get … Read More Here