I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- Week in Review Link Love! From RunKeeper being snatched up, to someone running a 1:11 half-marathon w/stroller: https://t.co/pMSLPuXfmH #, 10 mins ago
- @fatcyclist And technically, there's two nuclear options. The secondary USB plug-in while holding lap is when times get even more desperate. #, 18 hours ago
- @fatcyclist Short reset or full hard reset back to factory? #, 18 hours ago
- @kurtt74 No, next few weeks pretty busy travel wise, so at home for this week ahead. #, 22 hours ago
- Truth or Dare wheel in the middle of London Heathrow T5, in case of flight delay. Streaking likely frowned upon. https://t.co/FlMO29YGS4 #, 23 hours ago
- RT @cyclingweekly: Lawson Craddock’s Malteser trick is something you should definitely not try at home (video) https://t.co/6eeDoxcO2H https://t.co/bPnf1gY1ij #, 23 hours ago
- RT @runpacers: And now the Women's race is underway. In less than 2.5 hours we'll know who's representing the @TeamUSA at #Rio2016 https://t.co/xmxGk1Zi71 #, 23 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2015-2016 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Boston Marathon
Note from Ray: Last week leading into the Boston Marathon I had a reader (John) that e-mailed me asking if I’d like to follow along his wife’s progress on the day using the new Garmin GTU 10 tracker. As he … Read More Here
I was approached yesterday by the folks from Salonpas to giveaway a Boston Marathon registration slot to anyone who wanted it (including yours truly). Yup – you heard that right: A pre-paid entry slot to the Boston Marathon. Given I’ve … Read More Here
In the running world, there is no more legendary road race than the Boston Marathon. But, as anyone who has raced Boston will tell you – it’s not about just the race itself, but rather about the process to get … Read More Here