I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10LFW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @n8udd So you can simply navigate to the other one and you'll be good to go. But I'll try and figure out why it's pointed at the first one. #, 3 hours ago
- @n8udd It's based on the US ASIN ID's, let me poke. However, once you 'land' on http://t.co/OnMOlRL7eA, it saves the tagging from DCR. :) #, 3 hours ago
- @Rothar_man @TheRaceRadio No negativity, just want clarity. Seen this many times before, w/ this specific crowd funding variant, dangerous. #, 15 hours ago
- Umm, I think that's kinda sorta the wrong 'Limits' Indiegogo project - "coming of age piece about a young woman...". https://t.co/Gx0iKnTr76 #, 17 hours ago
- To all those asking about Limits power meter, far too many unknowns at this point. I've extended offer for them to demo it to me. #Waiting #, 18 hours ago
- @MarkeKenny Edge 500 is an incredible value. #, 19 hours ago
- @TheTeebs Most Garmin product cycles are about 2 years, so definitely wouldn't expect an Edge 1000 replacement. #, 21 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Behind the Scenes
Behind the scenes at Adidas Global Headquarters, plus updates on future of miCoach and Smart Run GPS
Earlier this week I made the short (very early morning) flight to Nuremburg, Germany to visit the worldwide headquarters of Adidas. The purpose of the trip was twofold. First, it was to get a bit of an understanding of the … Read More Here
MWC 2014 Roundup Part 4: Intel Smart earbuds, Ford automated bike-avoiding car, Behind the Scenes at MWC
After a week of full of MWC, we’ve come to the last post in my health and fitness coverage of the massive mobile focused convention. This will be a bit shorter post than the others, and I finish up with … Read More Here
Last Friday as I finished up my frozen adventures in Finland, I had a couple of hours after my work meetings wrapped up before my flight back home. So rather than spend that time hanging out in the Helsinki airport … Read More Here
The night before arriving at the home of CycleOps I looked up the address on Google using Streetview, simply to know what I’d be looking for the next morning as I made my way over. But after the resultant imagery … Read More Here
Before I dive into the main focus of today’s post I just wanted to briefly note how saddened both The Girl and I are over the attacks in Boston on Monday. I didn’t hear about it until some hours later, … Read More Here
Monday night I had my usual Monday easy swim, and since it’s summer, I was able to do it outdoors in the town pool (during the winter, I’m stuck indoors). I had planed afterwards to spend a bit of time … Read More Here
(Quick side note: If you saw yesterday’s post regarding wireless downloading from the FR310XT straight to the web via an iPhone without a computer, I’ve updated it with new comments from Garmin. In short, they’re looking for feedback as to … Read More Here