I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @simonech That'd be true. Though, be careful on BLE power meters. Many mixed results (including P1/Ambit3). #, 25 mins ago
- @simonech I prefer the P1. #, 2 hours ago
- @sashock about 13-18 mins #, 2 hours ago
- @sashock True, but not really my strong point. Would spend so many hours on trying to grade. #, 2 hours ago
- @glashus Not sure I understand. They're just providing insights based on trends. #, 2 hours ago
- Fitbit ranks the most fit cities using wrist data. https://t.co/3jX8BMBSvQ - But I really want to know which cities are laziest. #, 5 hours ago
- @gianpaoloracca Unfortunately not this trip. Just Venice and areas north of it. #, 6 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2015-2016 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Android
This past week at Eurobike, bike manufacturer Canyon was showing off their new bike computer prototype, which is based upon Android Wear. The unit is simply called the ‘Smart Bike Computer’. The use of Android Wear for a bike computer … Read More Here
As it stands today, every GPS device available in the sports and fitness world requires a computer in some capacity. Whether that be initial configuration of the device, updating of the unit firmware, or downloading of workouts. Some devices such … Read More Here
It’s not that often that I write reviews for items that actually include no electronics whatsoever. Nor is it that often that I write a review for a single piece of plastic not much bigger than a deck of cards. … Read More Here