I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @gray_um Not sure why slightly raised cross-walk paint is so slick here. But have slipped numerous times on rides. Weird. #, 4 hours ago
- @gray_um Cornering can be tricky with wet roads. Even mere crosswalk paint is nasty on a turn. #, 4 hours ago
- Still, plenty of crashes on the wet course. Such as this one just ahead of me. https://t.co/zCbDYF2PQD #, 4 hours ago
- Swim, bike, run...and done. Despite the Seattle-like weather, kept it together nicely. https://t.co/b1UxkJUa5Z #, 4 hours ago
- @mehermurshed Yes it's out (been about 2-3 weeks now). I dive into all the comparison details in my post: https://t.co/Fs6ng8YAU6 #, 5 hours ago
- RT @LindseyJerdonek: Even @usantidoping knows the best time to catch me at home for testing is on Saturday at 9pm. #partyanimal #competeclean #, 12 hours ago
- @ware_melanie Thanks, indeed sad. Saw it on the news this afternoon while out shopping. A favorite running park of ours. #, 18 hours ago
Tag Archives: Triathlon
Well…I made it through my first ‘year’ of triathlon training. It was this week one year ago today that I did my first training for a triathlon (exactly one year ago yesterday). I had decided to signup for a 70.3 … Read More Here
Remember yesterday’s post about how the Oceanside area is beautiful? Well, it is – that’s still true. Except, I probably should have withheld a bit of judgement until AFTER I had to cycle over 56 miles of hills. In.the.wind. With … Read More Here
We’ve all eagerly awaited for our race-day photos to appear on the photographing companies web site. Sometimes we get awesome shots, most times we get unflattering shots…and then sometimes we’re missing in action. You then ask yourself: How could they … Read More Here
Last summer I did my first triathlon. This was before my blogging days. I originally wrote up this race report for a triathlon distribution group/list within my company, as is customary after a race. I realized I had never posted … Read More Here
If you’re looking for an excuse to spend some money and pick up another tri-gadget – here it is! I heart my Garmin Forerunner GPS. I use it for swimming, biking and running. And starting this winter I’ll use it … Read More Here
This whole triathlon sport is costing me quite a bit of cashola. $1,300 for the bike (yes, cheap, I know), $500 for Ironman registration fee, and countless other hundreds of dollars for various other ancillary costs (ok, it’s actually probably … Read More Here