I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10JKW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- From that building to where I am. Maybe next time I'll be smart enough to swim with t he current and not against it. http://t.co/xXoWg418AU #, 2 mins ago
- Watch my live activity “Fenix3 Barcelona Openwater Swim” now! http://t.co/s1K8mjsSzz #, 56 mins ago
- Time to squish an openwater swim in before flight. Gonna be not at all warm. http://t.co/AywjChuQll #, 58 mins ago
- Time to head out of the show for this year. Don't worry, more details in posts coming... http://t.co/JioRrWMMbR #, 2 hours ago
- Various Garmin shipping updates: Vivofit2 shipping within March, Vivoactive by start of April, Epix following that. http://t.co/Un7Y6u2Eem #, 2 hours ago
- Just tried eye tracking demo with game, from The Eye Tribe. Also saw prototype w/smart watch control using just eyes. http://t.co/1iiZF9iXKv #, 2 hours ago
- The Pebble secret lair (enclosed mini booth) has media lined up as if going to rock concert. To see new Pebble Time. http://t.co/U7XNg8Zqrn #, 3 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: TdF
Earlier this year a significant announcement was made that there would be a women’s race at the Tour de France. It wouldn’t be the entirety of the Grand Tour, nor even a multiday event – but – it would be a … Read More Here
Things started early this morning – approximately 6AM. Which, for you early birds is indeed early for this non-early bird. From there I’d catch the RER train 10 minutes up to Gare du Nord, where I’d change to a regular … Read More Here
After spending the week wandering around France we got back late last night following an exciting day on the climb to Alpe d’Huez at the Tour de France yesterday. While I’ll circle back over the next day or so with … Read More Here
Yesterday was a rather long day. It started at 5AM, leaving home in Paris and driving approximately three hours to the site of Stage 11 of the 2013 Tour de France. This year that was an individual time trial consisting … Read More Here
Over the past week a lot of things got installed/hooked up/working in our little Paris apartment. Potentially one of the most important being our TV. Well, sorta. One of our TV’s works 100%, and the other one works about every … Read More Here
It seems appropriate that as this post publishes, I’ll be on another airplane somewhere over the Atlantic, probably just north of Newfoundland. But, this post isn’t about tonight’s flight, but rather a short domestic flight I took last weekend on … Read More Here