I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10JKW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @RayKiro Unfortunately just to glass tower near Paddington station for 2hrs and back. Found Paddington Bear though. http://t.co/hzyGjT1ijY #, 39 mins ago
- @KevJKeenan Practice makes perfect. We don't needlessly minimize consumption. :) #, 45 mins ago
- @Sodadeli I miss that race (well, both nearby races actually, always ran them both!). #, 46 mins ago
- @JoeSW17 Yes, the train has roast beef on it. Though, it's approximately a 3cm x 3cm x 1cm square. A mouse would still be hungry. #, 1 hour ago
- Had day trip to London for few hours of meetings. Disappointed, no turkey and gravy to be found. Just tea & biscuits. http://t.co/LjxKk1MLqe #, 1 hour ago
- @rss317 That's tough. If you have past history with either company, best to stay there. Otherwise Ambit2S more capable for most. #, 2 hours ago
- @craigweich I have occasionally, on same wrist without issue. On separate wrists, a bit more mixed results. #, 2 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Running
If you’ve read my blog for any length of time, you know I enjoy cooking. Though I’m not sure if this particular activity actually counts as ‘cooking’ per se. But it does count in the book of slightly odd tasks … Read More Here
I drove down last night to the Virginia Beach area to run with a friend in a local 8-miler race. However, I wasn’t racing, but rather just doing it as part of a training run (about 11 miles total). So … Read More Here
Last week on one of my review posts, someone asked why their Garmin GPS showed a longer distance than the actual course distance of the National Marathon. Of course, there are two possible explanations, but likely only one is the … Read More Here
Do not be surprised. Do not be surprised when I read you the riot act. Do not be surprised when I read you the riot act in the middle of my 5th elevation-interval pyramid, 68 minutes into my workout. Do … Read More Here