I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with the link and 10% off everything coupon below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
- What are you favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @emlynsimpson See, I'd lay blame at the act of doing backstroke. ;) #, 1 hour ago
- @seeverist Nothing this time, just a quick out and back. #, 4 hours ago
- @keithcartmell People build strange pool sizes in Paris. I found it best not to try and ask 'why'. #, 4 hours ago
- Observation from swim last night: After normally swimming in 33m pool, then 50m pool on Sunday, 25y feels like a plastic kiddie pool. :) #, 6 hours ago
- @cdwilliams1 Check out Garmin Fenix, or Suunto Ambit's, aimed at hikers. #, 7 hours ago
- @cthompson01 Yeah, I've gotta track down some minor change there. #, 7 hours ago
- @luisap Ensure you're ANT Agent is running, and that it's transferred. Sometimes I'll quickly create a 2s recording on FR910TX to kick it. #, 7 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (2012) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2012 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Olympics
Our stay in London was fairly short – only four days. But we still got to see a lot during that time. Including both the men’s and women’s triathlon – as well as the women’s marathon. But we did get … Read More Here
Going into this morning, we knew the crowds would be big. Really more like huge. Gigantic even. The media had warned how packed the Hyde Park venue and surrounding areas would be with the Brownlee brothers competing for another Team … Read More Here
Unlike our attendance at the Women’s Triathlon the day prior, we didn’t have any tickets to the Women’s Marathon. Instead, we’d just join a million or so others that would simply find a spot on the course and enjoy a … Read More Here
On Wednesday, while watching the Women’s Olympic time-trial event, I saw a tweet from the guys over at NY Velocity noting that Britain’s 2008 Olympic Silver medalist Emma Pooley had her Garmin Edge 500 oriented in a rather peculiar position. … Read More Here
Over the past few days you may have seen some rumblings around an upcoming vote in Guangzhou, China this weekend that will decide whether or not to allow the sport of triathlon into the Paralympics. As you probably know, triathlon … Read More Here
Our last day started much like the previous day – on the slopes of Whistler at Creekside checking out the Super-G, this time though it would be the women we’d be watching. The crowds came out in full force for … Read More Here