I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10LFW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @maersu Hard to say. Really depended on section of run. Full details here (Poland run): http://t.co/TMQ4Z84hw7 #, 4 hours ago
- GPS accuracy is always a funny thing. In this small run snippet all three brands were off, but all at diff points. http://t.co/VsSVsncbVu #, 4 hours ago
- RT @TheRealStarky: .@ArsalRazaShah @dcrainmakerblog My favorite caller. Love your voice my brother!! #, 6 hours ago
- RT @ArsalRazaShah: @dcrainmakerblog @TheRealStarky Just got a chance to listen to the DCR Podcast — thanks for the answer, and love the ~30-minute format! #, 6 hours ago
- @liversedge @djconnel I actually might know what's going on there if only seen in last 7-10 days. Will shoot you offline message. #, 8 hours ago
- @djconnel @liversedge So in many trainer workouts (have to double-check), I do left/right drills around the 15-25 marker for 5m. Perhaps? #, 8 hours ago
- @djconnel Any chance it would do that if clipping back in at light and only on one pedal? #, 10 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Garmin GPS
For those who train with heart rate monitors often, you probably know all too well know the tell-tale sign that your little device is lying to you about your heart rate. It starts off fairly innocently with a gentle rise … Read More Here
One of the most common questions I get is how you can create routes and maps that you can follow on your Garmin device. Many of the most popular devices support this feature – including the 305/310XT/500/705 – however most … Read More Here
When the Garmin Forerunner 310XT was announced earlier this spring, it represented the next logical evolution from the Garmin 305. It promised many of the features triathletes were looking for, while also promising to still appeal to the single-sport … Read More Here
One of the most common complaints with the Forerunner 305 is that for most age group athletes is its battery life – limited to about 10 hours on a good day. This precludes many folks from being able to use … Read More Here
While I have many posts on how to get the most from your Garmin Forerunner, it was pointed out to me recently that I don’t actually have any posts on how best to race with it. So this one will … Read More Here
Just for the fun of it back a little while ago I decided to input my Nation’s Tri bike race plan into my Garmin device. It was a super-simple two step plan, so I didn’t have to worry about a … Read More Here
Today I bring you the tale of two creatures – intertwined by a nice forty mile ride. The Ghetto Geko First, we start with a little ‘situation’ that arose a few weeks ago while kayaking in Palau. Something mighta-sorta-occurred involving … Read More Here