I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with the link and 10% off everything coupon below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- RT @kevaston23: @nealrogers @dcrainmakerblog hope they dont stop people riding on #Tarmac roads! #, 2 hours ago
- RT @dwuori: So pleased that I got to visit Roubaix before the city had to change its name. #, 3 hours ago
- RT @nealrogers: Specialized: Great bikes, but suing a war vet over trademark for naming his bike shop "Cafe Roubaix" is over the line http:… #, 3 hours ago
- @zwecondo I think it might be a bit difficult for me to get from Rio to HNL in time for start. ;) #, 4 hours ago
- Just walking behind girl, noticed had tri tank-top, saw 10K on back. Then realized it was 10k SWIM, 421k bike, then 84k run. Alrighty then. #, 4 hours ago
- @rdlucchesi Interesting. Where exactly? And are there t-shirts? ;) #, 4 hours ago
- Ahh yes, your bike has a surfboard rack, because...of course it does. It's the Copacabana after all. http://t.co/lDJbNxsLQp #, 6 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (2013 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tag Archives: Food
We’ve all eagerly awaited for our race-day photos to appear on the photographing companies web site. Sometimes we get awesome shots, most times we get unflattering shots…and then sometimes we’re missing in action. You then ask yourself: How could they … Read More Here
There is no greater food than chocolate. I’ll do just about anything for chocolate. Perhaps the only thing that’s greater than chocolate itself, is some other item covered in chocolate. Like chocolate donuts, chocolate covered raisins, or chocolate lava cakes. … Read More Here
Yes folks – you know you wanted it! A complete comparison between the two variants of the same Ben & Jerry’s flavor: Chocolate Brownie Fudge. One is the ‘normal’ version, the other the ‘low fat’ version (speaking of which, did … Read More Here