I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @cjudge05 Looks like on default on iOS it won't rotate, have to apparently load in YouTube app. :/ #, 9 mins ago
- Wanna ride along with me on the Paris Triathlon bike in 360* 4K video? Ask and you shall receive! https://t.co/DGyYV2OSo3 #, 31 mins ago
- RT @angryasian: All the press materials for @SRAMroad's new Red eTap disc group depict a legit *female* rider. First for a major product launch? Way to go. #, 2 hours ago
- Just a bit wet here lately. Never good when you're gonna need a boat to get to your boat. https://t.co/K3gNpXFI7a #, 3 hours ago
- 5 Random Things: From a new 4K 360* action cam, to Ikea, food, and racing the Paris Tri! https://t.co/ThuoDldYz6 https://t.co/MRjkhVfbr4 #, 3 hours ago
- @greghilton Indeed. Same person. Again - I don't know why it's so hard for *anyone* to post actual data files. Mystery to me... #, 5 hours ago
- @msallen Cliff Bars yes, not sure on Builder bars. But not widely available in groceries like in US, only sports shops. @jowyang #, 5 hours ago
Connected scales are all the rage these days. And for good reason – they make it easy to log your weight. More importantly though, they make it hard to pretend nothing happened. So as you rolled out of bed this … Read More Here
It’s been well over a year since Withings released their initial Activité smart watch, which they then followed up last winter with the cheaper Activité Pop version. Of course – looking at both watches at a glance you wouldn’t realize … Read More Here
Overview: Late last week Withings announced their latest device – the Withings Activité, which combined an activity tracker into a more normal looking high-end designer watch. This would in effect be pulling in much of their existing Withings Pulse activity … Read More Here