I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- RT @ressler: @dcrainmakerblog "Jawbone has stopped producing its fitness trackers & sold the remaining inventory to a 3rd party" https://t.co/nk3OWTSjQQ #, 8 mins ago
- Unboxing shots for action cams with lots of mounts: Almost more time consuming than actually editing the video. https://t.co/QjdQyK4yLU #, 4 hours ago
- @Alasdair_xD Nope. #, 5 hours ago
- Pedaled cross town to buy Kodak's 360* 4K camera to test on Paris Tri. Unfortunately couldn't find dual cam in town. https://t.co/XHbeqYLsyr #, 7 hours ago
- It's that time of the month! A $600 DCR Gadget Giveaway! Entry and details here: https://t.co/pankWcmARr https://t.co/lhaQF9H2bW #, 8 hours ago
- RT @maggieru: Interesting read! Shame WTC seems to be phasing it out. https://t.co/imHykyzTva #, 23 hours ago
- Nice. Sync from watch to major endurance analysis platforms is critical for any company wanting to be in this space. https://t.co/KnGifb1mGn #,
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2015-2016 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns out I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
When we were living in the US, we didn’t eat at fast food places too frequently. And when we did, it generally trended more towards ‘healthier’ fast food variants (i.e. Subway, Quiznos, etc…). And then there was Chipotle. Chipotle was … Read More Here
While many couples may go out on the town on Friday night in Paris (or anywhere else for that matter), we’ve gone and created a bit of a twist on the traditional Friday night date night. In our case, we … Read More Here
A couple weeks ago around 10AM on a Friday morning a brass band started playing somewhere across the street. Since moving to Paris, we’ve long gotten used to various impromptu musical performances. Full scale marching bands, solo guitarists, religious processions, … Read More Here
One of the things we both really enjoy doing is going to u-pick farms and picking our own fruits and vegetables. In the past, we’ve primarily picked apples, blueberries, and strawberries. Given it’s fall (crazy, huh?), we figured it was … Read More Here