I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10LFW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- Definitely a jam packed day around the DCR Cave. New arrival from yesterday... http://t.co/ejnQJEWkQU #, 9 hours ago
- @tfitchw Averaged about 1,000 concurrent people reading it all day long. ;) #, 11 hours ago
- @davecochrane Yes, higher pixel levels than Edge 510. But not substantially different than 800/810 imho. #, 11 hours ago
- @iwlitb Yup, I'd count it as released. I don't have one right now, not sure on the timelines to get one though. #, 11 hours ago
- RT @jeffrey_bradley: .@dcrainmakerblog using your guide to training in Paris. Thought swimming section was hyperbole, was not. Felt like; http://t.co/YmxiUINw03 #, 11 hours ago
- Strava and Garmin introduce on-device Live Segments for Edge series! Here's a deep-dive on how it works: http://t.co/WCFRhhSvmP #, 20 hours ago
- Also just announced: The Garmin Varia bike radar and light system, from integrated turn signals to car notifications: http://t.co/tacyTLqZHC #, 21 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here's my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) - covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 'Gear I Use' equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here's The Girl's (my wife's) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that...continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Tonight, I had an epiphany. Or at least, I had an improvement upon an idea that I had planned for months. One question I get a lot is how to measure cadence on an indoor spin bike, or gym stationary … Read More Here
Despite having lived in Paris almost a year now, I’ve rarely cycled outside of my little set of known routes and locales. Partly because the weather has been so bad this winter that I spent a lot of it on … Read More Here
I’ve always gotten questions as to why I mount various gadget devices on my aerobars, primarily from the belief that in doing so, I’d be blocking my ability to use my aerobars. So, I figured I’d take a moment to … Read More Here
Recently I was taking some shots for a product review and somehow the trainer block that holds up my front tire ended up being part of the shot. As I reviewed the shot in question on the camera, I realized … Read More Here
It was exactly a year ago this past Sunday that while taking part in the 2010 Rev3 Knoxville Triathlon Race down in Tennessee that at roughly Mile 22 on the bike course I was flung into the air from my … Read More Here
Over the past week and a half of watching the Tour de France, you may have stumbled upon a site that allows you to track Team HTC-Columbia’s riders power, heart rate, cadence and speed data in real-time from your computer … Read More Here
The last few weeks my bike rack locks have been rather temperamental. Not quite sure why, as I’ve been using them most of the winter for weekend rides out of the city. But while I was fidgeting with them last … Read More Here