I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- Not too shabby, only 19 folks including myself within my lane tonight. Not quite into the twenties. https://t.co/BlAUiH7ick #, 1 hour ago
- @gingerneilnc Yeah, that whole idea is crazy-stupid. And really, for what purpose? Incredible fascination with taking down just a camera. #, 4 hours ago
- RT @scottpdawson: .@dcrainmakerblog's post inspired us to make our own iPad station for our indoor bike setup https://t.co/n130xc4efz #, 4 hours ago
- @ryan_mcc2015 ...review details, while they work out fog item (I haven't run into that issue here yet since temps aren't 90*F, really ever). #, 4 hours ago
- @ryan_mcc2015 It's true. They have been sending each iteration of the unit for the last 6-8 months. This allows me to get a jumpstart on... #, 4 hours ago
- @GamejunkieNZ That's tough. Totally different. Want music or optical HR? Go Spark. Want smartphone alerts? Go Vivoactive. #, 6 hours ago
- Here's the aerial ski video I shot last, fully autonomously with the Airdog drone. Powder and sun was awesome too: https://t.co/P2lwjc37Eb #, 8 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2015-2016 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Today Under Armour has announced a flotilla of fitness products, likely to take the cake for the most unique fitness products announced by one company at the show this week. They’ve done so by partnering with HTC and delivering a … Read More Here
Today at CES Fitbit announced their latest wearable, the Fitbit Blaze. This new unit is effectively a smart watch designed around fitness. Sure it tracks steps and sleep like past units, but it also has structured workouts (from Fitstar, which … Read More Here
Today at CES Garmin has introduced three new fitness devices, first up is the new Fenix3 with optical HR (called the Fenix3 HR), along with many new variants thereof. Then there’s the Tactix Bravo, which is a Fenix3 sibling of … Read More Here
This past week was the giveaway for all those left disappointed by their Christmas tree offerings. No, not the pine needles, but rather the lack of proper sport gadgetry! Some 5,928 of you entered in expressing some form of displeasure … Read More Here
I’m sure many of you received various sports gadgets over the last few weeks as part of the holidays. But for those unlucky elves who received a half-eaten gel packet in their Christmas stocking from their not-so-significant others, I’ve got … Read More Here
Earlier this morning Polar rolled out their long awaited (and previously promised) ability to automatically sync Polar Flow activities to Strava. This means that upon completion of an activity, the activity data will automatically sync to Strava’s site. No more … Read More Here