I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10LFW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- Not gonna lie...I get the best birthday cakes. Period. From the awesome @BertiesCupCakes! http://t.co/OTJDcs1stN #, 3 hours ago
- @eviandrinker Any chance you have backlight set to stay in? #, 4 hours ago
- @herbertkrabel Thanks! Though...wrapping paper might throw me for a loop... #, 4 hours ago
- @coffndrop Running Dynamics mostly refers to Ground Contact Time and Vertical Oscillation. Cadence on all Garmin running watches now. #, 7 hours ago
- @dpmbrock Thanks Dan! #, 14 hours ago
- Despite rain & chillier temps, always enjoy a solo night ride out of the city to the woods. https://t.co/zjoiBdW2PC http://t.co/u7gPx6wJNP #, 23 hours ago
- RT @cyclingtips: Disrespect + disorganization at the women's #TDF. @mmcyclist's story on racing La Grand Boucle in 2003. http://t.co/tfUlpkMExN #, Jul 28
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Author Archives: DC Rainmaker
Earlier this week Recon Instruments started shipping their long-awaited Recon Jet heads up display for sports, to real-life actual consumers. Completing a journey that began just over two years ago upon announcement of the product. In fact, a few DCR … Read More Here
Overview: Today Garmin has announced their next iteration of the Vector product line. This relatively minor update aims to simplify installation, as well as make the unit more durable and easier to move between bikes. Most notable however, is that … Read More Here
Overview: ROTOR has as of today somehow managed to accomplish the near-impossible in this day and age: Putting a brand new unseen power meter on pro rider’s bikes in major events for months…and have nobody notice. Stepping that up: Having their … Read More Here
Power2Max Price Cuts Today Power2Max announced price drops of about 21% off of their existing units, dropping the base price to a mind-boggling $599. This is ahead of the bike industry event this weekend, Sea Otter, where we’ve seen a … Read More Here
Today, Garmin announced two new action cameras – the next in their VIRB action cam lineup. These two cameras continue in the footsteps of the Garmin’s first generation cameras by focusing heavily on sensor data and internal metrics that can … Read More Here
On Friday I had the opportunity to return to the FOX TV New York City studios to do a live segment as part of FOX NY’s morning broadcast. I’ve made a few appearances on the station previously, including one about … Read More Here
Earlier this year at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Garmin announced a slew of wearable devices including the new Vivoactive. The Vivoactive was designed as a merger between Garmin’s mid-range fitness watches (i.e. the FR220) and the … Read More Here
And by world domination, I mean the worldly domination of the endurance sports technology segment. Which based on our detailed multi-pronged collaborative research study is 12 people (8 if you don’t count both our parents). No worries, we’re going to make … Read More Here
Over the last few days Garmin has enabled automatic sleep tracking on all of their sleep capable activity tracker devices. They did so not as part of any firmware update that you have to install, but rather on their backend … Read More Here
Over the last 8-9 months, Epson has introduced a number of fitness wearables into the market. While that might seem odd for a company known primarily for printers, one need only remember that Epson is part of the Seiko Epson … Read More Here
In what may be one of the most hinted at announcements ever in the power meter world, PowerTap today is officially announcing their two newest products: The PowerTap P1 pedal based power meter, as well as the PowerTap C1 chainring … Read More Here
Starting today, a handful of products are on a fairly big sale – the Garmin FR910XT, TomTom Runner Cardio, and a deal with the Scosche Rhythm+. As is usually the case, I tend not to create standalone posts on any … Read More Here