I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @richardjw Good call. I just bought a few of them as part of some business card order I had to do. Need to find good option for others. #, 4 hours ago
- @junt88 Yes, near-future review. Within about 10-12 days I suspect. #, 4 hours ago
- @eggsforsupper Yup. #, 8 hours ago
- Spent about 8 hrs today on the side of mountain doing all assortment of riding, photos, video, and just having fun. https://t.co/K2u48X5uCu #, 8 hours ago
- @RayKiro Yeah, not a strong showing lately. Need to go back to the good-old days of carry-on. #, 8 hours ago
- Ever wonder how they manufacturer power meters? No problem! Behind the Scenes at Quarq HQ: https://t.co/v7G731sQHT https://t.co/ZthP01r81B #, 8 hours ago
- @mjulianb You need to ensure you enable dual-sheeting. It's like GLONASS for toilet paper. #, 13 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2015-2016 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2015 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) 2015 list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Author Archives: Ray Maker
Today at CES Garmin has introduced three new fitness devices, first up is the new Fenix3 with optical HR (called the Fenix3 HR), along with many new variants thereof. Then there’s the Tactix Bravo, which is a Fenix3 sibling of … Read More Here
This past week was the giveaway for all those left disappointed by their Christmas tree offerings. No, not the pine needles, but rather the lack of proper sport gadgetry! Some 5,928 of you entered in expressing some form of displeasure … Read More Here
I’m sure many of you received various sports gadgets over the last few weeks as part of the holidays. But for those unlucky elves who received a half-eaten gel packet in their Christmas stocking from their not-so-significant others, I’ve got … Read More Here
Earlier this morning Polar rolled out their long awaited (and previously promised) ability to automatically sync Polar Flow activities to Strava. This means that upon completion of an activity, the activity data will automatically sync to Strava’s site. No more … Read More Here
This past spring, as part of a bunch of announcements, PowerTap announced their C1 chainring power meter. This announcement was coupled with that of the PowerTap P1 pedals, all of which complement their existing PowerTap G3 hub based power meter. … Read More Here