I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
Wanna support DCR?
You'll support the site, and get ad-free DCR! Plus, you'll be more awesome. Click above for all the details.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10MHD) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- RT @davidbradway: @dcrainmakerblog well looks like I have my next Thursday planned out. https://t.co/b2pgTm8gji #, 10 hours ago
- RT @Bonnie_D_Ford: Confirmed a few minutes ago. https://t.co/812lwlP8ak #, 12 hours ago
- @eejay If you don't care about altitude data during the activity, go 735xt #, 12 hours ago
- RT @ware_melanie: .@dcrainmakerblog @TRS_tri finally got the Giant to listen to an episode, he loved it! https://t.co/u0JTHrH99f https://t.co/oYYRiCEFHw #, 12 hours ago
- 13 Tidbits from a Week in Park City: Riding, running, bobsledding, gizmos, and much more! https://t.co/mPODg3owtD https://t.co/iwQGSfvuaC #, 15 hours ago
- @MightyRhapsody It's a new Strava feature added in there app earlier this week. #, 22 hours ago
- In Just 7 Days It Begins. Make sure you're all ready for the annual event not to be missed! https://t.co/tN1SxS0p7J https://t.co/jOkYAhC9hS #,
Author Archives: DC Rainmaker
It’s been over a year since Cycliq first introduced their Fly12 combo bike light and HD camera. While the road to shipping was certainly longer and bumpier than the company wanted, they started shipping units to customers last month. You’ll … Read More Here
They grow up so fast. Less than two years ago the original Vivosmart was a slightly awkward and kinda scrawny activity band. It’s dim display hardly living up to its fitness features. Then just this past fall came the Vivosmart … Read More Here
Update – my full and final FR735XT in-depth review is now available! Click on over to that page for all the goodness! Over the course of the cold winter, the Garmin FR235 optical HR sensor-enabled running watch hooked up with … Read More Here
It’s been a couple weeks since GoPro announced clearer details of their developer program, and in conjunction with that – when Polar concurrently announced (on GoPro’s stage) their integration of the Polar V800 with certain GoPro products. I’ve spent the … Read More Here
As I alluded to last week, the winds of the bike mount world be blowing strong this spring. Not one to be outdone, PowerPod has jumped into the combination GoPro/Garmin mount market for triathlon bikes with their latest product. This … Read More Here
Today WatTeam has announced that they’ll be postponing further shipments of their $499 PowerBeat power meter, while they work out some kinks that the first shipped production units have run into. You’ll remember the journey started about 20 months ago … Read More Here
It’s time to wrap up my Sea Otter 2016 related posts. I spent last week in the States, first in NYC for some meetings, then off to San Francisco, before finally ending in Monterey (California) for the Sea Otter Classic. … Read More Here
Best I could tell, there were six power meter companies at Sea Otter: Garmin, 4iiii, Rotor, SRAM/Quarq, Stages, and Verve. I’ve already covered the new 4iiii product announcements in this post, and Garmin didn’t announce anything at Sea Otter beyond … Read More Here
There was more than one company showing off new Wahoo ELEMNT mounts at Sea Otter, and in the case of K-Edge, they’re already shipping them too. The company had on hand the pile of new mounts, as well as some … Read More Here
Mounts are definitely in full swing here at Sea Otter this year, and Bar Fly is here showing off a bevy of new mounts aimed at offering greater compatibility to more and more head units and accessories. If you look … Read More Here
Today at Sea Otter, 4iiii has announced a slate of new products and outlined their future power meter plans for much of the year. As you’ll remember, the company started shipping their $399 4iiii Precision power meter about a year … Read More Here