I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with the link and 10% off everything coupon below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
- What are you favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @tarheeltiger Not athletic, just generic. Odd. #, 8 hours ago
- @wahoofitness Can past-RFLKT purchasers e-mail to get one, or is there cost? #, 10 hours ago
- I'm almost slightly concerned with the level of interest y'all have in this (non-starter) aforementioned lingerie giveaway/review. #, 10 hours ago
- @seeverist Multisport - I would assume that depends on definition of 'sport'. GPS, not unless we redefined GPS acronym. #, 11 hours ago
- RT @wahoofitness: @Charlerious @dcrainmakerblog we have Garmin compatible mounts in the next shipment, if you buy a RFLKT and it doesn’t in… #, 11 hours ago
- @mueymal Yeah. I'm in Seattle this week, but heard from The Girl that it's a zoo. #, 12 hours ago
- Offered free women's lingerie in exchange for doing a lingerie giveaway. Umm...no. A Lingerie In-Depth Review?!? #, 12 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (2012) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2012 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Author Archives: Rainmaker
Administrivia: Deal on Garmin FR110, update to Clever Training coupon code, and consolidated support page
After running the marathon Sunday, then running straight to the airport Sunday night, then up early again for another long-haul 10hr flight (this) Monday morning, and then doing booth duty for 3hrs upon landing…I’m pooped. So, we’ll keep this short … Read More Here
It’s time to draw the winners of Sunday’s ‘Easter Edition: You win, you choose!’ giveaway. Like last month, I let you choose which device you wanted to win. It’s fully up to you whether you want a cycling or running … Read More Here
I’m flying at 41,004ft, headed southeasterly over Nahr az Zab, Iraq with a glaringly bright sun shining into the cabin of my very empty airplane. But this morning certainly didn’t start out in the sun. Nope, it started out in … Read More Here
A few days ago I saw a tweet on the official Tour de France Twitter feed announcing some sort of gallery opening featuring 80 images from years past. After a bit of poking around, I found out that this display … Read More Here
A number of months ago there was some initial hype around an individual (Keith Wakeham) that’s building a power meter and documenting the progress in weekly blog posts (though lately more frequent). The current prototypes of his power meter are … Read More Here
Woot! For a brief moment on Saturday, it was both sorta sunny, and sorta warm. Which, by my definition means it’s spring. This weekend was crazy busy, but also a nice segue into a semi-normalized triathlon-focused training schedule for me. … Read More Here