I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10LFW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
The DC RAINMAKER PODCAST
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- RT @foiled73: Time for some @dcrainmakerblog esque testing #vlm2015 #gps #accuracy http://t.co/i7fWgWgD9t #, 5 hours ago
- Hard to beat an afternoon swim around the neighborhood. @ North Huvadhoo Atoll, Maldives https://t.co/D1b0rtRm1w #, Apr 25
- RT @bikehugger: Heard about the new, 'affordable' power meter? So has @dcrainmakerblog and he writes about it with due skepticism: http://t.co/Z5XevJ3q06 #, Apr 24
- @madhatman I don't think that many people are really interested in stairs (I rarely hear folks ask about it). #, Apr 24
- @madhatman No, neither. #, Apr 24
- The DCR’s on Vacation Fenix3 Giveaway! Wanna win a new GPS watch? Now's your chance: http://t.co/007KLa9Dwo http://t.co/j5fuRpyy8M #, Apr 24
- @madhatman For indoor workouts (which is what it sounded like you do), Polar tends to be better. #, Apr 24
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (Winter 2014-2015 edition) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2013 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Author Archives: DC Rainmaker
Over the last 8-9 months, Epson has introduced a number of fitness wearables into the market. While that might seem odd for a company known primarily for printers, one need only remember that Epson is part of the Seiko Epson … Read More Here
In what may be one of the most hinted at announcements ever in the power meter world, PowerTap today is officially announcing their two newest products: The PowerTap P1 pedal based power meter, as well as the PowerTap C1 chainring … Read More Here
Starting today, a handful of products are on a fairly big sale – the Garmin FR910XT, TomTom Runner Cardio, and a deal with the Scosche Rhythm+. As is usually the case, I tend not to create standalone posts on any … Read More Here
Ok, so I’m a bit behind on posting this race report. Which is probably appropriate given it’ll match my running of the actual race. No worries though, unlike Snapchat, the photos here don’t expire (though regrettably aren’t likely as titillating … Read More Here
Last week at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, 4iiii was present at the show as part of a larger Alberta section within the Canadian companies pavilion. While there, they had their Precision power meter and their pods on display. I … Read More Here
The Fenix3 aims to further blend the multisport watch realm (previously dominated by the Garmin Forerunner series), with the outdoor watches (such as the Fenix1 & Fenix2, as well as outdoor handhelds). To that end the Fenix3 is effectively a … Read More Here
It’s only been a week since Pebble’s last announcement, the new Pebble Time. That watch blasted through nearly $11M in Kickstarter sales through the end of the first weekend. Now, Pebble has made another announcement while at MWC in Barcelona … Read More Here
Suunto has announced their latest watch onto the market, the Ambit3 Run. This watch follows in the footsteps of the Ambit2/2S/2R variants whereby Suunto takes an existing watch and then produces a variant of it specifically focused on the running … Read More Here
It’s been a few months now since Fitbit announced and then subsequently released their Fitbit Charge and Charge HR units. At the same time, they announced the Fitbit Surge GPS (which I’ve already reviewed here). For this post though, we’ll … Read More Here
With Valentine’s Day landing this past weekend, I figured it was the perfect time to give something away. Except, instead of just one something, I went for a double: Two somethings! The winner could choose two gadgets from Clever Training, … Read More Here