I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10JKW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- @emateosg I bought the Kodak and Sony, Clever Training sent Zeal to try out, and Velocomputer sent by the company. #, 7 hours ago
- .@abussey1 @NickCameron She's more low-budget. Two little $5 sparkly pink Fitbit Flex bands she ordered were in that box. Happy camper. :) #, 16 hours ago
- @NickCameron @abussey1 The power meters alone would eat through that... #, 16 hours ago
- RT @NickCameron: I seriously feel like purchasing everything @dcrainmakerblog reviews. You have become an expensive habit and I love it. #, 16 hours ago
- @PreachSwanson It does. Though, unfortunately I don't just get to tear open the box! Always a gazillion photos involved. #, 17 hours ago
- Also arrived today... Kodak 360* action cam, Zeal HD2 ski goggles, Sony Smartwatch3, and Velocomputer sensors. http://t.co/kuDpsCX0Ws #, 18 hours ago
- It actually exists: The FR920XT quick release kit. Just in time for...umm...polar bear swims? http://t.co/vn36ijWX8a #, 18 hours ago
Search results for: 'sharks'
(If you’re just joining me, start back at the first part of the two-part series) While Bora Bora is certainly about sun and sand, we did spend a fair bit of time doing lots of non-beach chair items. Sometimes for … Read More Here
The biggest triathlon event in the DC area – and one of the biggest in the nation/world is just a few days away. The Nation’s Triathlon will kickoff this Sunday with 4,000-6,000 athletes on a redesigned course that takes you … Read More Here
Fricken lasers beams! While I originally asked TomTom for sharks with laser beams on their heads, they balked. They said they didn’t do sharks and asked why I wanted a shark anyway. I called them wimps, and we went our … Read More Here
With only five more days left in 2012 (depending on if you count today), I think I’ve wrapped up my travelling for the year. As you’ve probably gathered by now – I travel a wee bit for work. And then … Read More Here
Ahead of our big move to Paris, we’ve spent weeks…if not really months preparing. Since we had to be out of our house back on June 4th, we’ve actually been hoteling it since – with locations dependent on my work … Read More Here
This weekend started with a short 45 minute flight up to New York City for the NYC Urbanathlon. This is the race series I’ve been doing as part of my partnership with Men’s Health Magazine. Of course, before we picked … Read More Here
(Updated: May 1st, 2013) The Garmin Forerunner 910XT represents the next generation triathlon/multisport watch from Garmin. The watch builds on many areas that the FR305 and then FR310XT had – including a slimmer profile then either of those watches, and … Read More Here
It’s Shark Week time for those of us watching Discovery Channel. Unfortunately for me, my hotel room doesn’t have the Discovery Channel (and I haven’t been in it much anyway) – but once I return home you can bet the … Read More Here