I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with either the coupon code (DCR10JKW) or the VIP program. Both save 10%, see details by clicking below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Why haven’t you yet released a review for XYZ product you mentioned months ago?
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- When all else fails, print your company name on a sheet of paper, attach it to a bike and push it through the halls. http://t.co/uq0mKtOYJN #, 59 mins ago
- When in doubt with your watch display case, just add bicycle parts. Always works. http://t.co/mYg0CXyiJG #, 2 hours ago
- The new LG Urbane watch - optical HR, GPS, and LTE/4G connectivity built right in. http://t.co/fJjlJsLZ7V #, 2 hours ago
- The Ford Infocycle sensor box, designed for mass data aggregation, potentially for cities. Using the Wahoo KICKR... http://t.co/uM23lJYEyH #, 2 hours ago
- Stopped by Qualcomm, who makes chips in so many of today's sport tech devices. http://t.co/mT6bnxv5k2 #, 2 hours ago
- Stopped by Qualcomm, who makes chips in so many of today's sport tech devices. http://t.co/9p3A2cJqn9 #, 2 hours ago
- RT @isdn: @dcrainmakerblog You're here! Come see this for extreme hammer sport ;-) http://t.co/bGNWKBPxYP #, 3 hours ago
Search results for: 'sharks'
It’s Shark Week time for those of us watching Discovery Channel. Unfortunately for me, my hotel room doesn’t have the Discovery Channel (and I haven’t been in it much anyway) – but once I return home you can bet the … Read More Here
This weekend started with a short 45 minute flight up to New York City for the NYC Urbanathlon. This is the race series I’ve been doing as part of my partnership with Men’s Health Magazine. Of course, before we picked … Read More Here
Back a few months ago while following the Underwater Thrills blog, I saw a story about a Whale Shark research program in the Maldives. After a bit of poking around, it turned out the program is partially supported by the … Read More Here
Given the Maldives are a collection of tiny islands in a vast ocean, you spend the majority of your time in or around the water. The good news is…I like the water. The bad news is that there isn’t enough … Read More Here
The biggest triathlon event in the DC area – and one of the biggest in the nation/world is just a few days away. The Nation’s Triathlon will kickoff this Sunday with 4,000-6,000 athletes on a redesigned course that takes you … Read More Here
(If you’re just joining me, start back at the first part of the two-part series) While Bora Bora is certainly about sun and sand, we did spend a fair bit of time doing lots of non-beach chair items. Sometimes for … Read More Here
Fricken lasers beams! While I originally asked TomTom for sharks with laser beams on their heads, they balked. They said they didn’t do sharks and asked why I wanted a shark anyway. I called them wimps, and we went our … Read More Here