Hands on with Wahoo Fitness TICKR, TICKR RUN, and TICKR X

Today, Wahoo Fitness announced three new products for the fitness market, and in doing so, started what they describe as a new push towards cross-platform support.

The three products are all heart-rate strap based, but with different (cumulative) features and slightly different price points.  They are as follows:

TICKR – Heart Rate

· Concurrent dual band heart rate with ANT+ and BLE (Bluetooth Smart)

TICKR Run – Heart Rate / Running Motion Analytics

· Everything above, plus…

· Treadmill Mode tracks speed and distance while on a treadmill

· Wahoo Running Smoothness tracks running form and efficiency

· Vibrate Functionality

TICKR X – Use with Any Sport / Memory / Post Workout Syncing

· Everything above, plus…

· Motion analytics measures variety of motion from repetitions to swim laps to cross-training to cycling

· Workout now, sync later: Memory allows users to workout without a smartphone and auto-sync later

The prices aren’t yet final, but will start at approximately $60US, and go up to roughly $100US.  The first two (TICKR & TICKR RUN) are scheduled to be available around March.  While TICKR X will be available in the April/May timeframe.

Looking at the features, the first and most common one is the dual-band ANT+ and BLE transmission.  This means that the unit will transmit just fine to ANT+ devices (like a Garmin watch), while at the same time transmitting to Bluetooth Smart phones and apps on those devices (or even the new Polar V800 or TomTom watches).

In talking with Wahoo about it yesterday, their push for 2014 is that all of their products will ultimately get dual-band support (concurrent ANT+ and BLE).  You’ve seen this already in some of their products like the Wahoo KICKR trainer and Wahoo RFLKT+ unit, but expect it to continue into any new products as well as revamping some of the other products they have in their stable.

As an interesting aside, on the Wahoo KICKR front, they will be releasing a firmware update to the KICKR that will enable it to act like a ANT+ to BLE bridge (like the RFLKT+).  This will allow you to use existing ANT+ cadence sensors (or even ANT+ HR straps) with Bluetooth Smart devices (such as iPads or iPhones) without a separate adapter.  Wahoo doesn’t yet have a timeframe for when this update will occur, but it sounded like the target was by summer at the latest.

Getting back to the heart rate straps, you’ll notice the addition of what Wahoo is calling “Running Smoothness”.  This is essentially the same stuff that was introduced on the Garmin FR620 as Running Dynamics (and also introduced by Scribe labs at roughly the same time as well).  These metrics will be in both the TICKR Run and TICKR X straps, and are based off of an internal accelerometer that measures ground contact time, cadence (stride rate), and pace and ultimately gives you smoothness score.

On the below non-final UI screens (far from final actually), you can see some of this being illustrated.  They’re able to start analyzing how much motion and bounce you have, and how it impacts your smoothness score.  On the left they chart this smoothness against pace, which is an interesting twist.  If you look at how Garmin does it, they only show Running Dynamics metrics charted against time/distance – and while you can start to correlate that yourself, the below chart against pace makes it really clear that pace tends to be the main component in shifts within running economy metrics.

Ultimately, running smoothness is simply a marketing term for what is effectively running economy.  It’s well known and understood that how efficient you are in your running stride has a substantial impact in your final finishing times (even if you have a lower VO2Max).  Simply looking at some of the fastest marathoners plotted against their variable VO2Max scores shows the impact of running economy.

smoothness-History-Pace (1) smoothness-Workout-Good

As you might guess from looking at the above screenshot on the left, there’s two things of note.  First is that Wahoo is working on rebuilding their app from the ground up.  You’ll see this down the road in a bit.  More importantly however, is that Wahoo is indeed determining pace from the strap.

This means that while indoors on a treadmill (or, I suppose a fun 200m indoor track), you’ll get pace and distance without having to wear a footpod.  While I wasn’t able to test that functionality yesterday, you can bet it’ll be one of the top test priorities in my in-depth review.  As it would be the first company to put pace detection in a HR strap (most do it in footpods, or within the watch itself).

Another piece of functionality found on the two higher end units is the vibration motor.  This will allow you to configure actions to trigger a vibration alert.  For example, you can setup the Wahoo App to automatically buzz every you complete a mile (lap) during a run.  Personally, I would name this feature ‘Buzz your Boobs’, but I’m not sure that’ll fly.

In the same vein as the vibrate functionality, they can also detect taps or touches.  For example, you could configure the unit to mark a lap whenever you tapped your chest (the HR strap pod).  Or, it could change the song.  Anything you want from within the Wahoo app is configurable (for those existing Wahoo users, it follows the same configuration as the button options for the RFLKT).

Before I wrap-up with the TICKR X’s unique features, there’s one that’s common to all units.

On the front of the unit you can see two little LED lights on the left/right sides.  These lights will blink during connection, indicating the strap is actively communicating (a handy way of double-checking that the battery is working).  You can see on the left the little blue light illuminated (hard to take a picture of in bright sunlight).

Last but not least, we get to the TICKR X.  The TICKR X is named that simply because it’s implying there’s features yet to be announced and/or decided (or, one could argue: yet to be figured out).  Essentially, a platform for continual development of new functionality.

Wahoo looks at the TICKR X as sorta the pinnacle of creativity when it comes to use of accelerometers.  In addition to all the stuff I’ve noted above, they’re also planning features including swimming detection.  They believe they can capture swimming metrics such as distance and pace data in the strap, and then download it afterwards to your phone for later analysis.  Of course, it’ll also track heart rate too underwater without any issues (transmission of HR underwater doesn’t work across either ANT+ or Bluetooth Smart, it only gets about 1” of transmission distance).

They also believe they can apply this technology to other sport areas, such as cross-training (core training, gym routines) to track data and movements – similar in many ways to what the Motorola MOTOACTV did in later firmware updates across a variety of sports (i.e. tennis, yoga, etc…)

You’ll note the ‘Workout Now, Sync Later’ tag line.  This is because the TICKR X contains memory in it that allows it to store the data.  This enables you to train without having your phone or ANT+ device nearby. For example, you could go for a run and it would track pace/distance/heart rate/cadence/running smoothness all within the strap – and then later allow you to download that afterwards.

In talking with them, there are of course many new metrics that don’t fully line-up to existing standards.  For example, while Garmin does Ground Contact Time and Vertical Oscillation within their Running Dynamics, all of that is considered ‘Private ANT’, and not open to ANT+ members.  Wahoo is looking to go back to ANT+ and get some of that made into a specification that’s more widely accessible.  This would benefit not just them, but other companies like Scribe that are looking to leverage data in similar ways.

Further, it would benefit companies like Training Peaks and Strava.  Both of which Wahoo has talked to a bit about the technology.  While it’s one thing to have the Running Smoothness data within the app, it’s likely far more beneficial for the most interested endurance consumers to have that data visible in 3rd party apps such as Training Peaks and Strava.

Ultimately, it’ll be really interesting to see where Wahoo goes with this technology, and how accurate it can be made.  As usual, I’ll have a closer look at things as they get closer to release.

Thanks for reading!

Retweet 21Like 71Google +1 20

1. psywiped

any timeline yet for how long before they have their speed cadence sensor with the memory available for ant+ the internal odometer feature on the Btle is nice I don’t always want to have to bring my sports watch or head unit on shorter rides but still want to track how many miles I do on the bike

2. Matthias

So it transmitts both ANT+ and BTLE but does not work as a “translation device” like the VIIIIVA to capture / send out e.g. ANT+ cadence data via BTLE, correct?

3. ulgui

Hi Ray! Great ‘preview’ as usual!
    I just got myself a TomTom multisport (with hr strap) and now I see all these new fancy HR sensor but hey sometimes you have to buy or you’d always wait.
    One quick question for you, it’s not possible to send BLE signal to two devices at the same time (for example my Tomtom watch and my iPhone) so it won’t be possible to have, for the same run, the info sent from the HR strap to my watch (while I’m running) and then after the run access all the fancy data inside the Wahoo app, will it? Only solution would be to use the TICKR X data storage feature? Have you tried this?
    Thx!

Interesting question. I’ll ask here in a bit when I see them later today again.

• Sean replied

I’ve got the same question! Would be nice to use with my TomTom watch, but then go and look at all of the efficiency data later. I suppose the question is, does the TICKR X store data if there is a device listening?

$100 would be a bargain, too.

• Trevor replied

This is not supported by the BTLE spec.

Sensors are Slave devices.
      Smartphones/Watches are Master devices.
      Slave devices may have only one connection at a time, while master devices may have multiple connections with different slave devices simultaneously.

The two master devices would have to communicate with each other in order for them to switch slaves (sensors).

Actually, it is supported. The BLE spec was updated in 4.1 back about three weeks ago. Sensors can now support multiple masters. Details here: link to dcrainmaker.com

4. Matthew Player

As this can store workouts, will it record heart rate whilst swimming??

Yup.

• morey000 replied

^^^^ Best question. Will it store HR while swimming! ;)

I’m already presuming it will clip into any similar strap. So far, I’ve found the garmin strap, with the mesh sections to be the most resistant to static spikes- but even that one needs help (contact gel, static guard spray).

• Rob Iam replied

I’m also very interested in the swim HR feature. Are they working with any other device manufacturers so that data can be synced? Or more specifically, I have the Finis Swimsense and I wondering if there is any discussion between the two?

5. Jan

Will the TICKR X have the possibility to store (and later transmit) the raw accelerometer data in e.g. 10 Hz or 100 Hz for developers to work with?

6. I’m curious if it will capture the RR interval for HRV tracking. The blue HR didn’t, and that’s the number one thing i’m looking for in my next BTLE HR Strap. Right now with Polars announcement the h7 looks better and better every day.

• KenZ replied

Viiiiva will do this in a BTLE and Ant+ combined strap already.

7. Zen

Graham: regarding the RR interval, 910XT supports it already (hidden in the menu). But how do you use the data? I turned it on for a few days and found no way to make sense of it.

• miguel replied

you can use the information in firstbeat software or kubios for example

8. Jared

I’ve got a question I’m hoping you can answer for me – I bought a MapMyFitness BLE HR strap, which is a pretty cheap, generic HR strap (but works well with all apps I’ve tested it with). What confuses me, though, is that when I’m at the gym, running on the treadmill, the treadmill can read the strap too (I believe it’s a Polar-brand).

Do you have any idea how the strap is talking to the treadmill?

Hmm, that’s odd. Typically only Polar straps (or other analog straps) will transmit that information to units. I’m not aware of any Bluetooth Smart capable treadmills/equipment.

• Jay replied

I have same heart rate unit and mine is picked up by my iphone and any treadmill I run on (simultaneously). Not sure why, but I’m not complaining.

• Frank Young replied

The H7 (Polar) transmits both BLE and GymLink simultaneously. That is apparently what you have branded as MapMyFitness BLE HR strap.

9. Tim

I tried swimming with a HR strap once and soon found that strap around my belly, rather than my chest.
    With now two options coming down the pipeline (WAHOO TICKR, Polar V800), it would be great to get a review on feasibility or tips on how to make it work (Pool/Chlorine proof skin suits/ swimming tops?).

Cheers
    Tim

• Patrick replied

The trick is, of course, to make your belly bigger than your chest. I suggest inserting beer. ;)

But yeah, I have this problem too. I have broad shoulders with a less-broad-torso and would love some tips on swimming with an HRM.

• miguel replied

I think you could use braces (suspenders) if you don´t mind what people think about you

I will not be wearing suspenders to the pool. :)

10. steve knox

Every BLE Wahoo device that I’ve purchased now has BLE/ANT+ capabilities. I should have waited :)

11. Tisztul_A_Visztula

Great to see the revival of a quasi Suunto Memory Belt, which was not ANT+ by the way, but let me repeat what I posted yesterday regarding another blog.

“The simple solution would be to integrate the HR sensor with the logger. While it can be implemented as a memory belt on your chest (see Suunto’s Memory Belt), on your wrist it could be a simple watch with an optical or other sensor.

To be honest I dunno why the manufacturers keep on launching separated wrist-based HR sensors if they already have watches in their palette. I bet people would agree on getting a bit thicker watch as a price for its operability underwater too”

So dear fitness mates, where is the watch with a built in HR sensor, on which you can have a fast glance to check whether your HR is within your ideal training range? Huh?

• Victor replied
    • Mark replied

Integrating the HR sensor in the logger might work well for runners, in the form of a running watch, but it wouldn’t be of much use to cyclists.

• Tisztul_A_Visztula replied

Why? It would be, could be a broadcaster and your cycling computer can catch the hr data too.

• Mark replied

Because I don’t want to buy an expensive running watch with integrated HRM (if such a device is ever developed) only to use its HRM function with the cycling head unit I already have, when I can just use an inexpensive heart rate strap instead. Which is why I said such a device would be of little use to cyclists. That’s not to say I can’t see how such a device could be useful to runners, however.

• Victor replied

I posted a link in my first reply to said device as reviewed by Ray almost one year ago. So it has been developed. It’s not a logger though but is an optical wrist hr monitor watch. Unless you want to use it for both cycling and other activities, I’d rather save $100+ and get a hr transmitter only device.

12. Anders Majland

“Of course, it’ll also track heart rate too underwater without any issues”

That makes it very interesting for me. Probably not much use in the pool but for outdoor with a wetsuit

I’m still waiting for my Instabeat and since I’ve already invested in ant+ hrm/cadence and a 910xt it will be bit expensive to switch to Polar V800 and its swimming capabilities are still to be announces. Than i rather fork out $100 for a hrm recording belt that doubles as ant+ and bluetooth smart :-)

• Hu3ain replied

I’m in a similar situation. But recording HR on the unit itself would create a 2nd output file to the 910xt activity. I’m not sure about syncing the two files. Or just bin one, depends if you’d rather have HR data or stroke metrics?

If you use tools like Training Peaks, you can upload two files from the same timepoint and it’ll overlay on top.

I think it’s a bit too soon though to see how exactly the data will appear.

13. Mikey

I have an out there question. Would these work with the Magellan echo for pace etc data?

• Charlie O replied

I would have thought so. The Echo’s default app (though it works with several others) is the Wahoo app so I presume any changes in the app could also be displayed on the watch.

14. jose

i found something similar here
    link to engadget.com

• Havelaar replied

The armband from Scosche seems to be very promising, but no info yet on battery life and water resistance. Let’s wait and see.

There are also Epson’s Pulsense.

In addition, HR measuring earbuds have been announced by LG & Intel and Epson too.

Hopefully, at least one of these products will allow me to retire my chest belts at least by the end of this year.

• Havelaar replied

No HR measuring earbuds from Epson.

• Anders Majland replied

#23 – interesting if it works in the water. Should solve the problem of a chest strap sliding down.

Ray, hope your get your hands on one to review

Yeah, I’ve never had great success with chest straps underwater (on any product). It’s fine during the swimming, but as soon as I push off the wall (each length), it slides down – regardless of whether that’s an open turn, or a flip turn.

I’ve tried a few of the suggestions without much success to date (twisting band, tightening band, moving higher up, etc).

15. Skijeti

Eagerly awaiting in-depth review, thx.

16. J.Griffin

My only problem & maybe I’m missing something, is that in one would need a fairly new phone to work via BLE. Is there not a way to work directly w/ a laptop and/or thru wi-fi (phone or computer)? A little backwards compatibility on BT would have been nice.

• Anders Majland replied

I could live with download via ant+ to the pc – just like i do with my garmin watch and a small suunto usb stick. Would be really nice if it was compatible with Garmin ANT Agent (My guess it could just pretend to be any garmin device and offload the exercise log. It would have to have a pretty accurate watch to time stamp it …)

The challenge is that backwards compatibility kills the product, literally. It’s the low-energy aspects of Bluetooth Smart that makes this work – the 1yr+ battery, etc. With full-scale Bluetooth, it’d likely only be 6-10 hours. Massive difference.

That said, Windows 8.1 does support Bluetooth Smart devices, so I suspect you’ll see apps starting to leverage that. And as Anders noted, one could do stuff with the ANT+ side on Windows on any platform, today.

17. empewu

Why no one offers yet HR sensor implant to be implemented under your skin ? Could be both ANT+ and BLE :-)

18. Will it transmit stride data over ANT+? I wonder if I should get foot pod or just wait for this one.

19. Lahrs

I wonder what sort of feedback it could give about my xc ski technique? Maybe the accelerometer could measure ‘kick’?

20. Niko

So would you prefer this heart-rate straps over the one from 4iiii? Or does 4iiii still have something up in their sleves for CES?

I’m trying to find a good Ant+/BLE strap to use it with a garmin device during cycling and with an Android phone while running.

It’s too early to tell, since the features aren’t yet in this strap. See today’s post for 4iiii’s announcements.

That said, there’s a bit of divergence since they’re doing different things. For example, Wahoo isn’t doing bridging, whereas, 4iiii’s is. Meanwhile, 4iiii’s isn’t doing any of the more analytic stuff that Wahoo is doing.

21. ken

I’m a big Wahoo fan… Love their products. I’m confused about the How here.

How does a HR strap measure speed and distance on a treadmill? A footpod I get… It is moving a stride length, properly calibrated, that = distance forwards + backwards.

But on a treadmill, your upper body is relatively static, at least compared to your foot(pod).

What is it measuring?

I suspect by reverse engineering vertical oscillation and doing some maths against stride rate they can probably come up with an estimation on stride length, at which point they can determine distance. Just a guess. Obviously, however they do it would be considered “The Secret Sauce”.

22. Alan

So hard to decide whats best to get me started running at the gym. I need to be able to monitor heart rate and I need to be able to get the data into Nike+, I only have an Android phone though.

This is appealing to me, as long as it’s Android compatible and the Wahoo app is updated to export to Nike. In an ideal world the Nike plus android app would allow me to use the Mio Link and a Nike footpod but seems a lot of these companies wont use open standards.

23. Eli

Doesn’t the Viiiiva strap have the hardware internals to do everything the Tickr X can do. Know if they plan to expand the functionality there?

24. Steve

Any chance Wahoo will make the Tickr X work for us cross-country skiers? A cold phone inside a jacket pocket quickly becomes a cold, wet phone. I’d love to leave the phone in the car and get my heart rate data later.

25. Eduardo

Hello, this HR Straps can work with the new polar V800 and the Garmin 810 at the same time?

Yup. The V800 will use the BT Smart side, and the Edge 810 will use the ANT+ side. No problems there.

26. Ted H

Any more news on release date? still sometime in March 2014?

27. Justin

Ray, really looking forward to the in depth review. I am really excited about these straps, esp the tickr x. Any idea if it will include GPS data? I bring my phone with me on runs and rides with cyclemeter and would like to run without my phone and sync the data stored on the x.
    Thanks.

No, there’s no GPS chipset in the unit. It’ll sync data post-run, but where you went won’t be part of it (just how fast, distance, etc…).

28. Michael

Is there any benefit to this over their existing HR Blue when being used as a basic HR monitor via BT?

For the basic TICKR, no. For all the other models, yes. See the ‘chart’ at the beginning of the post on all the new features than the higher end TICKR units display.

29. Justin

Ray,
    I’m looking for a watch that is compatible with the TICKR (ant+ and BTsmart) that is a cheap way for me to see heart rate at a glance. I’m tracking the rest of my metrics elsewhere but just need to see HR. Any ideas?
    Many thanks,
    Justin

Any watch on the market except the current Polar units (and Nike+ unit) is compatible with the TICKR. The upcoming Polar V800 is compatible with the TICKR as well.

The cheapest watch that’s compatible with the TICKR would probably be the Garmin FR60 or FR70.

30. ThoR

I bought a Wahoo Fitness Blue HR Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor a while back for my Nokia 1080 Windows Phone. As this phone has BT 4.0 Low Energy support I thought this heart rate monitor could be used with any BT 4 LE device, but it can’t! :( I see that it actually says ” iPhone 4S and 5″ for that HR monitor now.
    Do we know if these new HR monitors also will be limited to newer iPhones, or will Wahoo use a open BT protocol so all Android and WP users with BT 4 LE can also use these?

Wahoo uses the standard/open Bluetooth Smart protocol across all devices, it doesn’t matter what it connects to (phone or device wise).

On a Windows Phone (like that of an iPhone or Android device), you won’t connect to it in the Bluetooth Control panel, but rather through a compatible app. On Windows Phone, you can try out the Adidas app, which works with BLE devices, or the Bing Health app I believe does as well.

Wahoo doesn’t make an app for Windows Phone.

31. Velobob

I see on the Wahoo site that they are taking orders now for the TICKR but not TICKR Run or TICKR X. Anyone got one yet?

Also – I’ve been watching for an update to the Wahoo App to support TICKR but nothing yet as of March 8th. Any news on release date?

• Justin replied

I’ve been emailing with people from Wahoo about the TICKR run and x. Seems like the run will be available beginning of April. X, who knows. I’m at least waiting for the run. Just curious what the memory function will be used for. Presumably, recording data without needing to have a phone with you. If that’s it, not sure the additional cost over the run is worth it.

32. Justin

33. Angel Ortiz

On my Note 3 I tries to connect my TICKR to “Runtastic” or “Polar Beat” on Bluetooth and i can’t get connected.
    I own the Polar H7 and connect correctly to Runtastic and Polar Beat on my Note 3.

I ready buy the TICKR to get connected on S- Health on Ant+ and Runtastic or Polar Beat on Bluetooth Smart on my Note 3.

The TICKR are no instructions on the box or the website

No suport from wahoo

34. Really looking forward to the Tickr Run. Looks like their product page was updated for the regular Tickr and is available to order now. Any word on the Run version?

35. ZP

Great reviews! I have been looking for a simple way to compare the Viii to the Tickr. I have Garmin ANT devices but have always preferred my Polar HR software. Why would I chose the Tickr over the Viii or vice versa? Again, thanks for all the reviews. they have been a huge help.

It’s too soon to say to be honest. Main reasons for the TICKR (Run) over the Viiiiva would be the additional run tracking. Whereas on the Viiiiva, it would be more of the bridging aspect. Both dual-transmit HR on ANT+ and BLE, so if that’s all your after, it’s a wash.

36. Mike

Would the TICKR RUN or X be able to broadcast ANT+ or BT to a watch (for instance the TomTom Multisport) and show the run metrics for cadence, pace, etc on the watch itself? Or does it only broadcast these metrics to the wahoo app? It would be benefitial if you had a ANT+ bike computer and a bluetooth watch and needed the dual band HR while still wanting to display the run metrics on a watch as well.

Yes, it broadcasts HR to both concurrently – all TICK units do.

However, the rest of the pieces isn’t yet clear, since those units (RUN/X) haven’t been delivered yet.

37. Paul

How does the battery life on a TickR model compare to the standard Bluetooth heart rate strap?

You made mention of an upgrade to the Kickr product that allows it to interface with an Ant+ heart strap and communicate with an iPad with out the dongle. I just ordered a Kickr…does this mean my Garmin HR strap will work with my Wahoo fitness application on my Ipad?

38. John Kilpatrick

It sounds like for me as a cyclist the TICKR X is the way to go, but it’s not here yet. Sadly, right now I wear both a BTLE and an ANT strap in the gym. I might buy a regular TICKR, but if it’s really just a couple of months for the X to come out that’d be dumb for just two months.

39. Andrew Tixerant

Ray, I just bought a Fenix 2 will this heart rate monitor support/transmit the run efficiency metrics (cadence, vertical etc) to the watch?
    First comment/question
    Brilliant website
    Tix

40. Ryan Diedrich

Hi Ray, thank you for the helpful reviews.

I was curious if you anticipate the cycling cadence to be compatible and displayed on most Garmin Watches (610 and/or fenix 2) while in an activity?

I’d have to defer to the Wahoo folks if they plan to broadcast the cadence as a ANT+ Cadence profile or not.

41. Ben

Would the TICKR Run running smoothness metrics work with a Garmin FR610? I am assuming it wouldn’t be available as fields on the watch, but would the data show up in Garmin Connect or Training Peaks?

No, unfortunately not. Two different issues at play there. The first is that the FR610 simply doesn’t support it, nor even know to listen for it. Then, there’s the issue of the TICKR not actually broadcasting the version that Garmin would read (such as on the FR620). And finally (ok, so a third issue), is that Training Peaks doesn’t yet support Running Dynamics (GC does). Phew!

• Ben M replied

Ah, bummer! Thanks for the response Ray. I guess the TICKR Run is really just for people who run with their phones.

Ultimately, it’ll also save that information so that you don’t have to run with your phone, but just download from it later on.

• Eduardo replied

So if I wear that during my work exercice it will record Hr,cadence,etc?
      And it will transmite either to a wacth?for exemple the F2?

And the Wahoo X, will save exercice sugest as Crossfit or Calestenics?

Yes and no. It won’t transmit it to the watch, but will transmit all that to the phone.

The Wahoo X is honestly still a bit of a mystery. Not 100% sure Wahoo knows exactly either. Hence the ‘X’ part.

• David replied

Hi Ray
      Regardless of final specs, do you know what timing Wahoo are working against for the Tickr X?
      Tnx – dB

It’s sounding like mid-late May in a best case scenario.

• Tim replied

I was thinking I’d need to wait for the X to get ‘workout now, sync later’ functionality?

I only ask because I may be looking to replace my HR soon, and having the dynamics available…. Even if only after the fact may be handy.

Also, any knowledge on wahoo and the tickr for static and erratic readings? I know you’ve mentioned the HRM3 from Garmin is better since a summer software update, but how about alternatives like wahoo’s?

42. Deb

Just called my local big chain bike shop and they are shipping the TICKR in 5-6 days, the TICKR Run in 6-8 weeks, and the TICKR X in 2-3 months. Are the transmitters interchangeable with other brands’ straps? I use a HRM on my horse, snapped into a polar equine belt. Will it fit? This is one reason why I am interested in the X model – I can work my horse from the ground which could likely disrupt the transmission of the signal to my watch if we get too far apart. How far does this HRM strap transmit?