The Week in Review is a collection of both all the goodness I’ve written during the past week around the internet, as well as a small pile of links I found interesting – generally endurance sports related. I’ve often wondered what to do with all of the coolness that people write, and while I share a lot of it on Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus, this is a better forum for sending it on to y’all. Most times these different streams don’t overlap, so be on the lookout at all these places for good stuff!
So with that, let’s get into the action!
DCRainmaker.com posts this past week:
Here’s all the goodness that ended up on the main page of DCRainmaker.com this week:
Saturday: Week in Review–February 11th, 2012
Monday Morning: Weekend Wrap-up- TrainerRoad, Cold DC Runs, and more
Monday Evening: RacerMate (CompuTrainer) resolves RacerMate One contract issues, might release this summer
Tuesday Morning: The Top 7 iPhone Swim, Bike, and Run apps I use regularly and why
Tuesday Evening: Garmin Vector power meter delayed until Summer
Thursday: Tip of the Day- How to clean your trainer tire block…the easy way
Friday: Friday Tidbits- Velodromes, 10K’s, Polar Power Meters, and a bike dishwasher
Stuff that I found interesting around the interwebs:
Here’s a not-so-small smattering of all the random things that I stumbled on while doing my civic duty to find the end of the Internet:
1) A detailed look at doping science vs law vs sport: Anytime the guys from Sport Scientists weigh in on something, it’s worth a read. Somehow I feel smarter at the end of it – even if I just end up more undecided.
2) Training Peaks CEO thoughts on Flash: No, not flashing, but Flash – you know, Adobe Flash. To the dismay of many (trust me, I’ve hear ya), their site runs on Flash. So this is an interesting and refreshing post on what their future plans are in this space.
3) Revolights project delays availability until June: Apparently this is the week for delaying cycling goods until summer. Kickstarted project Revolights announced very late Friday night that they’ve pushed out delivery until they can finish up some tooling machinery. Still looking forward to my order getting fulfilled though. Actually, just noticed that the link above requires you to be a backer for some reason to read it. So, I pasted the e-mail below (click to expand/read):
4) Things that really really really hurt: Sunday night on HBO they’ll be showing the full clip from the recent Wingman crash down in Capetown (don’t worry, he survived). But, you’ve gotta check out that video first. Crazy. Hopefully by Monday morning it’ll be available on the interwebs.
5) Top 11 Ways to cheat (and get caught) in a Marathon: An awesome look at the biggest cheating scandals to hit marathoning. Good stuff. (Via SuuntoUSA Twitter)
6) Are you a USMC triathlete or swimmer? If so, one of your own is looking for a bit of help.
7) Why running marathons and sex are very much alike: Not sure I need to add much more description here. The post is SFW, so no worries there. (via Lauren)
8) An overview of the 2012 DC Cupid Underwear run: I didn’t make it this year to the event (unlike past years), but here’s a good overview post and gallery from this years. But let us be honest for a moment, nobody’s reading the text on that page.
9) Nike designs a shoe for prosthetic running blades: Pretty cool look at creating a sole for those with prosthetics.
10) For those that have too much money: A $14,000 Gucci commuter bike. Nuff said.
Have a great remainder of your weekend, and thanks for reading!