The Week in Review is a collection of both all the goodness I’ve written during the past week around the internet, as well as a small pile of links I found interesting – generally endurance sports related. I’ve often wondered what to do with all of the coolness that people write, and while I share a lot of it on Twitter and Google Plus, this is a better forum for sending it on to y’all. Most times these different streams don’t overlap, so be on the lookout at all these places for good stuff!
So with that, let’s get into the action!
DCRainmaker.com posts this past week:
A wide variety of posts this week covering quite a range of stuff. Here’s what made the main stage:
Sunday: Week in Review – July 30th, 2011
Monday: A weekend of Cycling, Snow Skiing, Crankworx and Ziplining
Early Tuesday: Quick Note/Request for your suggestions on guest posts
Tuesday: My Top 8 Race Day (and Pre-Race) Fails
Wednesday: Updates on Garmin Vector and new Garmin GPS watch
Friday: Loops around the track and airport in Seattle
Slowtwitch.com Weekly Sports Gadget Mailbag this week:
This week I cover the following topics over at Slowtwitch as part of the mailbag series. You can read it here.
1) The watch vibration feature: Worth it or not?
2) Is the Bontrager Node 1 ANT+ cycling computer good for commuting?
3) How to downgrade your FR310XT firmware (and other Garmin watches)
Men’s Health/Gatorade/Urbanathlon Blog posts this past week:
In addition to all my writings here, I also cover a bunch of topics over on the Men’s Health Urbanathlon blog. Here’s the goods from the past week:
Note that I post over there roughly every Tuesday and Thursday, and Sarah posts on Monday and Wednesday. It’s a tag-team event.
Stuff that I found interesting around the interwebs:
Here’s a small smattering of all the random things that I stumbled on while doing my civic duty to find the end of the Internet:
1) TdF Winner Cadel Evans will be doing the USA Pro Cycling Challenge: Pretty cool, we’ve now got the top three folks and many of the major teams coming. I’ve actually been offered media credentials to the race – but I just don’t think I’ll be able to fit it in my schedule this year (August).
3) Ironman Lake Placid power/HR/speed/cadence/etc file from winner: Pretty cool post with the full file from TJ Tollakson (this years winner) over on Training Peaks. Ya know, only a normalized power (NP) of 290w with a bike split of 4:34… Check it out!
5) A cool photographic year recap from Jordan Rapp. A neat post into both the personal and professional side of this ever popular pro triathlete.
6) Interesting way to increase exposure for triathlon leading into the 2012 games. Check out what London is doing to try and make the sport more broadly seen and accessible.
7) A good look at how sports and non sports companies are slowly distancing themselves from Lance. As I’m sure you’ve noticed, I avoid the whole doping thing from a speculation standpoint, but instead find much of the business aspects around it pretty intriguing. This piece talks to some of them.
8) A big pile of totally awesome Tour de France Photos. And also see part II. Both rock.
9) Head Index Charts and Meanings for Runners. I shared this on Twitter, but it’s definitely worth a share here as well. Please keep this in mind as you head out and try to run in the super-hot weather we’ve been having.
No random notes this weekend!