I’m DC RAINMAKER…
I swim, bike and run. Then, I come here and write about my adventures. It’s as simple as that. Most of the time. If you’re new around these parts, here’s the long version of my story.
SUPPORT THIS SITE
Wanna help support the site? You have two options. The first is to use Clever Training with the link and 10% off everything coupon below:
Alternatively, for everything else on the planet, simply buy your goods from Amazon via the link below and I get a tiny bit back. No cost to you, easy as pie!UK based here! Canada! Germany! France! Spain! Italy!
Catch me on Facebook
Did you know I write a weekly column over on Slowtwitch?
Check out my Product/Electronics posts in Ray’s Sports Electronics Mailbag - they are packed full of gadget goodness.
I have built an extensive list of my most frequently asked questions. Below are the most popular.
- Will you test our product before release?
- Are you willing to review or test beta products?
- Which trainer should I buy?
- Which GPS watch should I buy?
- I’m headed to Paris – what do you recommend for training or sightseeing?
- I’m headed to Washington DC – what do you recommend for training?
- I’m from out of the country and will be visiting the US, what’s the best triathlon shop in city XYZ?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What are your least favorite countries/places?
- What are you favorite countries/places?
Follow me on Twitter
- RT @NathanPeterHaas: The incredible scene from our finish line today.This giro is challenging, but when I get a second to look, beautiful h… #, 2 hours ago
- @dbess340 Yeah, I'd just go and get what's out there today. I think SRM is overpriced at this point, hence why I'd go PT/Quarq/P2M/Stages. #, 5 hours ago
- @mikeportman Haha...beautiful place! And with an awesome track right there too! #, 5 hours ago
- @dbess340 The Quarq, Power2Max both do. Albeit estimated. But there's virtually no training benefit today. #, 5 hours ago
- @dbess340 They do not at this time. #, 6 hours ago
- @dbess340 SRM is certainly quite good. But pricey. #, 6 hours ago
- And just like that...back at the airport ready for my next flight. A perfect way to spend a layover. #, 6 hours ago
5 Easy Steps To The Site
Here’s my most recent gadget recommendations guide (2012) – covering almost every category of sports gadgets out there. Looking for the equipment I use day to day? I also just put together my complete 2012 ‘Gear I Use’ equipment list, from swim to bike to run and everything in between (plus a few extra things). And to compliment that, here’s The Girl’s (my wife’s) list. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
I enjoy explaining new things to folks – especially showing people how to get the most from their gadgets. Here’s an ongoing list of “How to” guides.
It turns our I’ve written a fair bit of stuff over the past few years – and after it disappears from my front page, a lot of it never really sees the light of day again without Google’ing skillz. Or a photographic memory…which I don’t have. I’ve taken a look back and found stuff that…continues to find a trickle of readers via web searches or forum links.
Monthly Archives: June 2011
The boxes came a number of weeks ago, but it arrived the day before I headed out to Boise 70.3, so I didn’t get a chance to assemble it. Then it was back and forth across the country to Denver, … Read More Here
About 45 days ago you may have remembered my post about my rather photographic day up at Men’s Health in NYC. Well, I’m finally all set to tell you what it’s all about! Back a number of months ago I … Read More Here
Yesterday I walked through the boatload of new products that CycleOps announced on Tuesday, but today I figured it’d be fun to talk about the rest of the day. You know, the part after the presentation and Q&A on products. … Read More Here
Yesterday was a busy day for CycleOps…and me, as I spent the day in and around lovely Golden, Colorado with the team getting some hands on time with quite a bit of their new and unannounced product line. There’s so … Read More Here
This past weekend I did a bit of an experiment with the Garmin GTU 10 (GTU = Garmin Tracking Unit), and Ironman Boise 70.3. Many of you followed along on a separate Twitter account as both The Girl and I … Read More Here
With my ‘A’ race, Boise 70.3, being next weekend I’m now in the final stretch and full-on taper. Though, taper doesn’t mean couch surfing and cheese sticks, but instead reduced mileage. I always enjoy taper workouts though, mostly because the … Read More Here